• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

karoo said:
Some great pics and amazing pods you have there. The dark and purple pods and plants are really something else.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! Most of the purple varieties this year came from Mojo in Italy. Some of them go through some great color changes. Thanks, again!

Walchit said:
Looking good brother!

Thanks, Andy! A little later than normal, but they're starting to load up now.
PtMD989 said:
Looking good [emoji106]. We finally got some rain up here also[emoji16]. The grass on my septic field has been brown since early June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear that...less mowing...which I'm all for. Lol.   
Jackson13 said:
Those plants look phenomenal and great camera work also. Nice job on the crosses I have never seen or heard of some of them.
Thank you, Lexx! Did I not send you some of the varieties that you see? I'll gladly send whichever you need.

I'm kinda excited for both of my plants of my Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 plants this year. They are both a little different. Here's a pic of how the F1 looked last year.
zbbRb0g.jpg

fJU73Uo.jpg

They were a little bigger than a normal Peri-Peri, but grew like a frutescens. This year, one plant looks identical to the original Peri-Peri. Here's a flower.
It3vy9E.jpg

And the pods.
GIFzFGw.jpg

The other plants' flower:
qBgh2pq.jpg

One pod...with a twin in the background.
Ebb8cvz.jpg

Reaper
vdD4Z7U.jpg

Monster Apocalisse
JLVAuvJ.jpg

Caramel BBG7
iRGnZ4T.jpg

Purple Ghost Scorpion lightening up to green. I like this variety. All the pods are uniform and look just like a Moruga.
ZkcrSs4.jpg

Ramirez Stinger
q3QU7uR.jpg

PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1
f9o1pgS.jpg

Brown Moruga
GqQh5ZK.jpg

Chocolate Primo
NkzKBld.jpg

A fair amount of Sugar Rush Peach
Miaw2Rn.jpg

And an explosion of Cappuccino Scotch Bonnets
YYq0h6M.jpg

sQVltxM.jpg

This is the cinder f2 pheno that is the most interesting on my plant. Not sure which color it's going to go either. Phenos are all over the place though and I'm not sure which one I'm going to pick. These are 2 different pods.
2f900995fec340957dd55dfd8dfa3a3a.jpg

a9e27fe7587e4c736c92bcd59b301609.jpg

Here are a few more examples.
2561265f3e3ae86bf390dd99f6cd321d.jpg

4f22cf3dd2b6ad4921c9b72ca818a3b0.jpg

5c12bccdc96ce13b62be498e59dea683.jpg

Very nice, Brandon!!!!

Time for a rant.

Well, I think I've had enough of peppers. Another sh!tty growing season for me. I have plants that have like ten pods, and most plants have like 2. I'm done. Can't get away from the damn color-sucking stink bugs. They're on every single plant. I'll have a bumper crop late because things are JUST NOW starting to flower. Blah. Bah frickin' humbug! I'm just over it. Too much work for something that nobody uses. I don't even eat heat very often anymore. Heat is more of an annoyance than anything, to me. Looking at others' gardens makes me wonder why I bother. All of the plants I see are huge...and I have pea-shooters. I'm just a bitter old man. Sooooo, I may just disappear and pull up the whole garden.

Thank you all for following along and for the awesome advice, sauces, pods, seeds, kindness.....everything that makes this community great. I hope everybody has better luck than I've had.

:cheers:

-Adam

Those plants look great to me and the cappy SB sure is loaded. I think we all have have some plants with only 5 or 6 pods but I typically would show only the better of the bunch. I grew 35 plants and 10 to 12 are loaded and the rest are dismal at best. lol
      Adam I enjoy glog and like to see your weekly progress so hang in there you still have quite a few weeks to re-coup on the slow producers.

I almost bailed on growing this year Adam but gave it another try. I've had a good year but I don't eat much heat anymore myself. It's a lot of work too, but somehow I just keep at it. Some of my plants have 1 or 2 pods whereas others are loaded. Had a bunch turn out wrong this year for some reason too. Very frustrating! It's been so hot that I think it stunted my plants for a while too.

I'd be sad to see you go but that's up to you! Maybe next year, just grow a few that you might actually eat or have a season of sweet peps. Mix it up!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Adam you can't throw in the towel ... we all have poor seasons whatever the issue weather, bugs, animals .... you have the best pods especially your SB7J which in my polytunnel is doing well on the other side your Cinder is a large healthy plant but I only have a small single pod ... unfortunately that's chilli life

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!

Sorry for the rant yesterday...''twas a bad day in pepper land. Thank you all for your support and your kind words. It really helps me a lot. I just get frustrated when I have terrible results and others are killin' it. Thank you very much!!!!

On a lighter note:
I have a nice surprise in the garden. The purple flower BBG that was supposed to ripen to red, ripened to a peachy-orange color. More orange but a fantastic color!!! Here it is on the left next to this PeachGum v3.
Dy9Akaa.jpg

I'm lovin' the color!

Here's today's mini pull.
Cinder F2, PDN x Bonds Ma Jacques, Cinder F3, Haskorea,
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1, Purple Flower BBG (orangey), Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger, Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet,
PeachGum v3, OrangeGum TigerMAMP (ripened red)
BkSR0Hr.jpg

If it all fits in an SFRB, I wanna sell this pull today. Any takers? Say $18?

Back