• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Big mistake.

"14:12:10 Resolve to dry and powder all Brain Strains in the future and mix with something tamer like Nagas."

That nearly made me poop! :rofl:

That was really cool SS. Way to go! I am hoping to try the Brain and the Douglah this year myself. Anyone have a couple extra pods I can buy?

Priceless...you did not need a video of this. You documented it so well I could visualize it perfectly. Also, I think that photo of all the pods would make a fantastic poster.

:rofl: Well SS...what can I say...I got a really good laugh out of that and I appreciate the the detailed experience. :crazy: In all actuality...that was a great description and the pods looked magnificent! Keep up the good work :cool:

Glad you liked it. :) My gut didn't.

I finally passed the remains this AM and no problems after the long wait the flames were dead. It took some prune juice to get results. I don't know if it was all of that cheese topped spaghetti I ate for 3 days or a combination. I could surely feel it move like a radioactive tracer for a while. Probably too much NFO. :lol:

I'll sample the Douglah tomorrow and avoid the spaghetti.

SS ..... Very nice looking pods as always !! Some look different than one's I've grown or seen pictures of. Mainly the Scorpion.

I like your blow by blow coverage of eating the Brain Strain. I can understand your feeling of "HOLY SH!T" .... My first test of a super hot was Jolokia poppers. I was humbled.
I like hot foods and sauces , I prefer to cook with hot peppers more than eat them raw. I do like grilled Jolly- penos.The only ones I really like raw are bell peppers or some of the caribbean spice peppers which I use in salads. I still eat a little of all my peppers raw to see what their flavor/aroma is like.

Peace & good luck on testing/tasting the others,
P. Dreadie

well SS i've always thought reading the book is way better than watching the movie... you just proved that. I was feeling the pain reading it lol! can't wait to try one for myself :)

P. Dreadie, yeah the scorp pod shape varies somewhat from one to the next. Most are more round with the tail, but the one in the pic was larger overall so I chose that one. I'll agree with you on the preference for other uses for these super hots vs popping a fresh one whole, but you only live once and it's one hell of a wild ride. :lol: Glad you enjoyed my attempt to relate the experience.

Thanks Grimus, I hope you feel the same after you down one of these fireballs. :mouthonfire:

So SS...where is the play by play for the Doughlah? You see I have to live vicariously through others until my plants begin to produce, which probably won't be until september at this rate. So, you see...I NEED to at least hear or watch others enjoy the hell wrought by their labors :twisted: :party:

There are some very generous members here that may be willing to share the heat if you ask Maligator........... <wink wink>

I may be reporting my own experience soon, as long as I live through it! :mouthonfire:

Thank You SS!!!!!! :woohoo:

Patience gator. ;)

You're welcome Walt. :)

Continuing on with my chile comparison torture trek is the Trinidad Douglah.
I eat a homemade cheese burger with a thick slab of tomato from a fresh Chapman and some fresh sliced penos to serve as a gut buffer.
Slice this ugly pimpled mutha open. It has a few dark seeds, but it can't kill me right???
Douglah-3.jpg

13:53:00 Rip the stems from both halves, sandwich it back together and pop it into the mastication chamber.
13:53:02 Chewing commences.... this one is a much bigger mouthful than the Brain Strain, has more internal flesh too.
13:53:05 Hmmm.... so far the heat is weak and there isn't much flavor other than a mild green slightly grassy taste with a very light hab flavor. No sweetness at all.
13:53:15 Still working on chewing up this mouthful and the heat has increased quite a bit.
13:53:17 Swallow twice and immediately hiccough 3 times.
13:53:20 Chase it with a swig of iced tea to clear the small lingering bits from my mouth.
13:53:25 The hiccoughs stop and the heat is pretty hot but bearable and I begin to start thinking I got off easy with this one.
13:53:45 The familiar lead bowling ball starts to glow in my gut.
13:54:00 NOPE!!! It soon becomes apparent that this is a creeper chile as my mouth begins climbing the lava ladder of pain.
13:55:00 The heat is still gaining in intensity and localized to the front half of my tongue and the front half of the roof of my mouth.
13:56:00 YEEEOOOOOW!!!!!
13:58:00 The heat peaks and levels off with the fire still concentrated on the front half of my tongue and mouth roof.
13:59:00 I can't stay still and begin pacing the floor, but nothing can extinguish the flames but time.
13:59:20 My nose starts to run a little, but nothing like the flood experienced with the Brain Strain and no tearing this time.
14:00:00 Heat intensity is still at its peak and each breath across my tongue just fans the flames higher.
14:02:00 Still flaming and my gut has become taught.
14:04:00 The fire starts to lessen a bit, but my gut still reminds me that it doesn't like being treated this way.
14:05:30 Blow my nose twice and the nasal seepage has ceased.
14:07:00 Cooling off more, just a nice burn now.
14:07:15 I start thinking that my mouth and throat must be wired differently, cause none of this back of the throat heat with either of these flame throwers, but I can't ever remember any chile ever bothering the back of my throat.
14:08:00 The bowling ball is still radiating a dim warmth and my gut is very tense.
14:12:00 Not much heat left in the mouth, but enough to know a hot chile passed this way and I start to get a little feeling of euphoria.
14:16:00 A very mild burn still lingers in my mouth, my stomach is easing a bit, but still tense.
14:18:00 Mission accomplished, time for a beer.
14:27:00 Surprisingly, my mouth still has a very mild spicy heat even after the beer, burps bring back the taste and my gut is taught again.
14:28:00 Grab another beer.
14:29:00 All heat has vanished and I demolish another burger in an attempt to pacify my complaining stomach.
14:50:00 Everything still works, gut feels fine again.

Plenty of burn from this chile, not quite as hot as the Brain Strain though, but the heat definitely lasted longer even though it was slower out of the gates of hell.
Now to wait and see if it's these supers that are to blame for locking my hershey locker. (Plenty of prune juice on hand this time just in case.) ;)

Next up will be the Trinidad Scorpion. Thanks for all of these super hot chile seeds Cappy. :)

Sounds like an amazing time. Love the descriptions. That one looked amazing. it was very fleshy looking. Whats the texture like on the Douglah. I have heard that its a creeper and rivaling the super hots, but never heard a texture description. Great job. Keep em coming!!

Thats one mean looking douglah!

"14:12:00 Not much heat left in the mouth, but enough to know a hot chile passed this way and I start to get a little feeling of euphoria."

Thats the best feeling in the world!

Silver_Surfer that was great ! Very good blow by blow description again. The Trinidad Douglah is a type I've wanted to try and run down some seeds for to grow next year. But saying the taste is very grassy with a light habanero flavor and no sweetness doesn't hold well .

Your Scorpion review will be interesting. The Scorpions I grew last year where hot as heck but did have a nice flavor. I've used them often in a big pot of stew.

Peace & looking forward to all your pepper reviews,
P. Dreadie

The Trinidad Douglah is a type I've wanted to try and run down some seeds for to grow next year. But saying the taste is very grassy with a light habanero flavor and no sweetness doesn't hold well .

I agree, although I did get ahold of some doughlah seeds. I've wanted to plant them SOOOO BADLY but my season is well beyond a good start point so I've been planning out my next years gig. I will admit however that I plan on planting a bit earlier and keeping them in the grow tent for longer next year. I just won't plant over 200 this time. :crazy:

I really enjoy the reviews because they help me decide who makes the cut when planting for next year. I like heat...don't get me wrong...but I also like a nice flavor as well unless they are just being used to heat something up which already has the flavor I'm looking for. Keep up the good work SS :cool:

Back