• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

BigDogDaddyPoppers

Oh yeah BDD, one more thing. If you've never been to one of those stores, they have aisles of hot sauce, salsas, rubs, marinades, gourmet snacks, pastas, picked everythings, kitchen gadgets of every kind, etc, etc, etc. Really cool store.

I think the free sharpening is just a thing the store does I bought the knives at....the name of that store is House of Blades...pretty cool huh...I have only had to take them once and that was before last christmas...probably will take them right after Thanksgiving since I ain't cookin' this year until Christmas..they really keep a good edge

Thanks Jay....never been to one of them stores, but I am sure lookin forward to it. Farthest that way I have made it lately is Guitar Center, our band has spent a fortune there in the past year....

I will sure enough check that place out, probably this weekend....on Sunday afternoon...when I wake up after the show.

You oughta check out our band man...we rock up our country....it's always a good time. Playin Saturday night at Ruby Jade's in York....real easy to find!!! Whatta ya say?

I'll be taking NutterZ in there and I think she will love em.

Let me know!!!:hell:

BigDogDaddy

http://www.johndillardandthelasttrainrunnin.net

BigDogDaddy said:
That is awesome AJ....do you just send them back when they need sharpened? Is that a standing offer on their knives or was that just a deal you got? I am pretty much convinced togo with Wusthof...I can get a Classic Ikon 3 piece starter set for $190.

Is that a fair deal?

It gets my vote. You might be able to find that set for less, but not so much less that it would be worth the effort :-)

Its a fair price by any measure.

Good knives, good choice :)

As always, the classic Wusthof 8" chef is my all time favorite.
Mine gets used literally every day

Yeah, It was the best price I could find. Saves like 40 bucks over retail.(Direct Buy) so that's probably how I'll go. They are a real nice looking set and the reviews are nothing but positive, from what I have seen.

Skyjerk said:
It gets my vote. You might be able to find that set for less, but not so much less that it would be worth the effort :-)

Its a fair price by any measure.

Good knives, good choice :)

As always, the classic Wusthof 8" chef is my all time favorite.
Mine gets used literally every day

BigDogDaddy said:
Thanks Jay....never been to one of them stores, but I am sure lookin forward to it. Farthest that way I have made it lately is Guitar Center, our band has spent a fortune there in the past year....

I will sure enough check that place out, probably this weekend....on Sunday afternoon...when I wake up after the show.

You oughta check out our band man...we rock up our country....it's always a good time. Playin Saturday night at Ruby Jade's in York....real easy to find!!! Whatta ya say?

I'll be taking NutterZ in there and I think she will love em.

Let me know!!!:hell:

BigDogDaddy

Thanks for the invite, but I am best man in my friend's wedding Saturday. Have fun at the show, and enjoy the store. Let me know what you think.

Will do. My daughter just asked me about going there....

So we'll be on our way on Sunday...to check em out.

By the way....we are making a pile of poppers as I type this. Half of em will go to work for the folks there to try...and the other batch will disppear right here at home.

These things are more addictive than smokin....which I quit after 20 years this past May.....woooooo.....hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!:hell:

poppers

those poppers were delicous
i even made some with orange habs those had a nice kick:mouthonfire:
one day ill make a popper with a bhut:hell:
when i do watch out ill be on fire:onfire::oops::

Back