• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bih Jolokia

hey guys this is the Bih jolokia its smaller in size ony 2 to 3 inchs smooth skin thin walled its more juicy that the original Bhut jolokia it has a vegetarian taste insted of C.Chinense strong aroma heat it too strong but the flavor is close to C.annuum

hpim2056.jpg

hpim2058.jpg

hpim2057w.jpg

Good stuff Judy. Your getting really nice harvest. The first picture looks kind of like a ball of flames. Very nice!

nice crop! they look almost like naga moriches except deeper red. thinking about growing bih next year.
all what you guys see is from one single plant and still ahve another load to go so if you want too many pods this kind will give you tons not like the original Bhut jolokia which doesnt give too many this plant id loaded

what is amazing baout the taste is if you like the C.annuumm like bell pepper jalapenos ...ect but want the heat from chinense like habanero aroma this one have them both flavor of c.annuum heat of c.chinense

Its like you have a new treat for our eyes every day. Great looking stuff. I just transplanted my Bih plant and it started to bloom earlier this week. Hope it does well. Those look good. I have tried dried flakes of the bih. Looking forward to a harvest of them.

Its like you have a new treat for our eyes every day. Great looking stuff. I just transplanted my Bih plant and it started to bloom earlier this week. Hope it does well. Those look good. I have tried dried flakes of the bih. Looking forward to a harvest of them.

the bih is very prolific plant but dont let it die over winter the plant and you will see big harvest

all what you guys see is from one single plant and still ahve another load to go so if you want too many pods this kind will give you tons not like the original Bhut jolokia which doesnt give too many this plant id loaded

Ive heard that the bih gives better yields that the bhut. I will definatly grow it for next season.

Ah, so that's the difference between the two. Tried growing both last season but didn't see a single pod from either.... 'twas a disastrous season!! I opted only for Bhuts this season to try and keep things simple, but dammit, by the sounds of it, I chose the wrong ones! The Bihs definitely sound more like my thing.... love massive heat but don't really dig the chinense taste ('specially them Habaneros :sick:). Much prefer the annuum taste. Ah well, still winter here and the season is young... plenty of time to grab some seeds (and yet again extend the amount of plants I originally planned to grow :lol:).

BTW, them Bihs sure do looka fine! Awesome work!

Judy...your plants all look spectacular. Seems you are having a wonderful grow season and I'm very happy for you. ;) Keep the pictures coming as we do enjoy them so. By the looks of it you'll have eough peppers for all winter long and then some ;)

Back