• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Biker Billy F2s

Just curious as to whether anyone has any experience growing Biker Billy F2s?

I've looked around, and it seems as if everyone really likes this variety, but there's nothing as to what happens when it is grown from saved seed.

Funny you should mention this. I've been planning to grow some biker Billy f2's again for a while. My first attempts seemed just like the regular "?f1's" I know a lot of companies claim their peppers are f1 hybrids just to sell more seeds, so I want to see if this is true in this case. I'm not growing this variety this year but am relying on members for some f1 seeds, isolated if possible.

I have been growing them for the past three years but have always bought seed... :lol:

I found them at Lowes and bought enough for this year and next year...haven't tried to save seed yet...

I am growing these this year, and I plan on saving some seed to try it out next year. I still have about 1 1/2 packs left of the "hybrid" seed from burpees that I will plant along side them. I hope they grow true because this is the first year I have seen them at lowe's and buying straight from Burpee is quite a bit more expensive. Same 190 mg pack of seeds, $2 in lowe's and $4 straight from Burpee then another $5 for shipping.

jacob

I've been growing mine from saved seed and so far they have always grown true. I have another batch going this year that I think is F3.

I've been growing mine from saved seed and so far they have always grown true. I have another batch going this year that I think is F3.
Cool.
Now I'm definitely less hesitant to try them next year.

When I have a semblance of a backyard...

Back