• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Billy Biker Jalapeño Story/seeds

The biker billy and the red savina have both been stabilized. If you get pure, isolated red savina or biker billy seeds and plant them then you will 100% get red savina or biker billy plants.

Spankyscolts said:
Peach Ghost Scorpion
Pick from a ton of different vendors. They are literally every where

coheed196 said:
The biker billy and the red savina have both been stabilized. If you get pure, isolated red savina or biker billy seeds and plant them then you will 100% get red savina or biker billy plants.

Pick from a ton of different vendors. They are literally every where
Confused !!! This is from the Refining Fire Chilies site ;Description Wow just look at these Red Savina's in my Hydroponic System! So What is the Hottest Chile? Maybe after 2006 it was no longer the World record holder for heat at 550,000 Scoville units. But it is still one of the Hottest Chiles in the World and has a great flavor too!A great Habanero for the novice gardener. Plant produces an abundance of huge red flavorful pods. Genuine Red Savina seeds are only sold through authorized dealers that get their seeds from Frank Garcia. Red Savina seeds are F1 which means you will get Red Savina peppers when you grow them but the seeds will not give you Red Savina seeds next year because they are F1 Hybrid. That is why the pics you see on other ads do not look like mine. They are Caribbean Red pics or Congo Red pics. I buy from a seed dealer. Yes I grow them but I do not sell seeds of these from my own peppers. Because the seeds will not grow out to be true Red Savina. So keep in mind that it is worthless for you to save seeds from any F1 Hybrid whether its a Red Savina or a Tomato. And if anyone says these seeds are from their own garden.... well I need not say anything more. Use caution when handling any hot pepper or pepper seed and keep out of reach of children

I've got some "cracked" jalapenos from Jalapa city (sold by pepper lover) podding up now. They're supposed to have extra heat and flavor. I will get to try some soon. Can anyone compare these to Biker Billy?

Humm would love to how can we do this I ordered some Billy Biker live plants and will any them as soon as they arrive .. still wont be ready for a couple of months

Plant genetics is a very interesting topic, especially as it relates to peppers and tomatoes (at least for me).

If the parents are true to type then one species crossed with another will reliably produce a hybrid offspring (known as the F1). So a Red Bhut crossed with an Orange Habanero would produce a consistent plant and pod in the F1 generation. The F1 generation will mainly show dominant genes vs recessive. A recessive gene will only show in the F1 hybrid if both parents have the recessive gene.

For the purpose of this example we'll just assume one is going for a short red pod and they are expressed in the F1 generation. If you keep self pollinating generation after generation you would get the following:

F1 100% Short red pods

F2
50% Random shaped/colored pods (various recessive/dominant traits shown here)
50% Short red pods
F3
25% Random shaped/colored pods
75% Short red pods
F4
12.5% Random shaped/colored pods
87.5% Short red pods
F5
6.3% Random shaped/colored pods
93.7% Short red pods
F6
3.1% Random shaped/colored pods
96.8% Short red pods
F7
1.6% Random shaped/colored pods
98.4% Short red pods
F8
0.8% Random shaped/colored pods
99.2% Short red pods
F9
0.4% Random shaped/colored pods
99.6% Short red pods
F10
0.2% Random shaped/colored pods
99.8% Short red pods
F11
0.1% Random shaped/colored pods
99.9% Short red pods
F12
0.05% Random shaped/colored pods
99.95% Short red pods
F13
0.025% Random shaped/colored pods
99.975% Short red pods
F14
0.0125% Random shaped/colored pods
99.9875% Short red pods

Keep in mind that this is only two traits we are selecting for (pod shape and color). There are over 450 known genes and a lot of unidentified genes that we are dealing with. So in the F3 we might have 75% short red pods but some will have the heat of a Bhut, some the heat of an habanero, some might have no heat, and everything in between. If you keep self pollinating generation after generation you will eventually get to a stabilized line. It is generally viewed that a line/variety is stable in the F7 generation. You can never completely stabilize a line, but most growers would never see an off-type in the F14 generation (1 in 10,000 plants).

If people want to know more I can get into more specifics for selecting traits and percentages for getting those traits, but it gets pretty complicated and I am guessing most won't want to fill their head with stuff they won't use.

Spankyscolts said:
I keep hearing about the Billy Biker Jalapeño anyone know its story? I hear they are twice as big and twice as hot as the average Jalapeño. Also does anyone know where I can get viable seeds to this variety as I understand it is a hybrid.
Going back to the question about there size and heat, I did not see any difference in size from the standard jalapeno, but the heat is more than twice the heat of standard jalapeno. IMO they easily reach the 25,000 SHU mark.

Many years ago, I would bring bags upon bags of jalapenos into work to share with coworkers. My boss was growing Biker Billy's at the time and he would sneak a handful of them into the bags I brought. They were indistinguishable without tasting them, and caught many people off guard. The first time I ever 'capped' myself in the eyes was because of biker billys, I haven't worn contact lenses since that day.

theghostpepperstore said:
Going back to the question about there size and heat, I did not see any difference in size from the standard jalapeno, but the heat is more than twice the heat of standard jalapeno. IMO they easily reach the 25,000 SHU mark.

Many years ago, I would bring bags upon bags of jalapenos into work to share with coworkers. My boss was growing Biker Billy's at the time and he would sneak a handful of them into the bags I brought. They were indistinguishable without tasting them, and caught many people off guard. The first time I ever 'capped' myself in the eyes was because of biker billys, I haven't worn contact lenses since that day.
Lol. !!

The fantastic aji joe sent me a few seeds, I have 8 going, 3 with peppers on them already, I will as promised to joe i will share the seeds when ready

About Mulch said:
Sounds like a cool Jalapeno , would it be the hottest Jalapeno?
yes actually it is and they taste the best too IMHO
there really good when they left to vine ripen to red but very good green too
thanks your friend Joe

Back