• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

"Bird" sized super hot?

Human sized bats?

Flying fox:

tumblr_m93ai5pZkn1rtjssio1_500.jpg

http://://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pteropus

For some reason I cant post links properly, but check it out.

My tepin is budding, and I intend to cross it with a choco bhut which it's close to flowering or a peach bhut. I'm also growing the tepin x barrackpore ;). Thanks to Charles.

, Walter

If all goes well I got Naga morich X Tobasco waiting on the little suckers to ripen so I can get the seeds I saw this cross junglerain is selling seeds for it but I thought I would make my own seems like a good combination

Cumari O Passarinho from back in the day (the one used in BuchT breeding) was said to be VERY hot, i dont know if original seeds are still around.
The 7pot x c. Frutescens i've acquired from Grant should be pretty hot and with dry flavor (i've seedlings going right now). From what i've seen when you cross superhot chinenses with other species (annuum, frutescens,...) you lose the original bite so the million scoville it's pretty hard but maybe can be done by careful selection.

Cya

Datil

Datil said:
Cumari O Passarinho from back in the day (the one used in BuchT breeding) was said to be VERY hot, i dont know if original seeds are still around.
The 7pot x c. Frutescens i've acquired from Grant should be pretty hot and with dry flavor (i've seedlings going right now). From what i've seen when you cross superhot chinenses with other species (annuum, frutescens,...) you lose the original bite so the million scoville it's pretty hard but maybe can be done by careful selection.

Cya

Datil

Thanks Fabrizio....That makes sense.

I'll ask around for the Cumari o Passarinho. Sounds promising. For now my Chiltepin and Pequin serve fairly well—Maybe not so impressive by the numbers, but 100K of annuum heat feels like quite a punch.

I'm looking forward to hearing your experience of Grant's cross!

I'm going to work on this with a bhut jolokia hybrid I've been working on and a pequin hot pepper. I desire tiny superhot pods as well. I'm afraid it's too late to cross with my pequin hot to do it this season. The pequin pepper is growing in the shade, so it didn't get as huge as last year. Last year it was taller than me! I think it must have grown six or so feet. I was also planning to cross it with a bih jolokia. They are the smallest superhots I've seen so far. Unfortunately my bih jolokia was stunted this year and never produced (bad weather).

Edit:

The bih jolokia might be tiny enough for ya. I love them because I can pop them without dying, lol.

Back