• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bishops crown?

Hey folks. Need another ID. Got these from the same pepper lady at the farmers market that the mystery pepper came from. Talked to her some more. Turns out her husband is the one that grows everything. Alas he doesn't attend the market and she doesn't know much about the different peppers. However I picked these up having seen them before. However I don't recall if they're bishops crowns or something similar. Would appreciate some THP help on the issue. Thanks in advance.

-Cliff

Link to pic:

https://instagram.com/p/5AjE-jlXSX/

SavinaRed said:
They are not bishops crown
Definitely agree there.
bhut camp said:
I think they are Jamaican Mushroom red.Any pics of the flowers?
No flowers sadly. However someone messaged me saying they resemble red Trinidad Perfume peppers. And I'm kinda leaning that way as far as best possible ID so far. I'll look into the mushroom pepper though.
@bhutcamp well now I'm stumped. Lol. I have to agree with you. Super similar.

I have never seen a Red Trinidad Perfume Pepper, but I would expect that's what they may look like. Does not look like the Red Mushrooms I've grown before.  

This is a tough one. How about Australian Red Lantern? I've never grown them, but they look somewhat similar. Some are elongated but some have the pendant shape that yours has.

The pods sure look like Trinidad Perfume to me, although I've never seen one that color before. Any heat to them? The few Perfumes that I have tried all had that somewhat fruity, chinense smell when cut open and zero heat. 

Bhuter said:
This is a tough one. How about Australian Red Lantern? I've never grown them, but they look somewhat similar. Some are elongated but some have the pendant shape that yours has.
I'm waiting to hear back from the actual supplier of these pods but this could be a good lead as well.
bhut camp said:
How about a pic of the plant.Show us some leaves man! Lol
I wish I could! All I have to go on is the pod! Lol
BlackFatalii said:
The pods sure look like Trinidad Perfume to me, although I've never seen one that color before. Any heat to them? The few Perfumes that I have tried all had that somewhat fruity, chinense smell when cut open and zero heat. 
Hadn't had the chance to try them. But I will be eating them tomorrow after I've had the chance to save some seeds. The nose on it is quite fruity though.
SL3 said:
I have never seen a Red Trinidad Perfume Pepper, but I would expect that's what they may look like. Does not look like the Red Mushrooms I've grown before.  
Same. I've only ever heard of the perfumes in yellow.

I had two trin perfumes grow out red last year. Tasted awesome with almost no heat. The regular yellow can be overpowering to some, tasting very perfumey, but I enjoyed both.
Found this picture of them.

Back