• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Black Naga

I'll bring the camera tomorrow. Didn't bring it with me and all my plants are at work. I usually bring my camera in once every couple of weeks.

I just clicked on your weblink, franz, and after going to your site it automatically transfered me to...well, let's just say in the UK those websites are an automatic 'YOU'RE FIRED' from work (and I am at work at the moment).

I'd check your website if I were you for possible 'glitches'.

are you talking about my noob-cake site?

i'll try. Thanks for the tip.

It's mostly the same stuff i post in my grow log.

Isn't Pimenta de Neyde supposed to be chinense? That 1 does have purple flower.........and leaves, and stem, and pod, and well, everything except the underside of the leaves which is green. Everything I have seen says so, though the growth habit is different than any other chinense I have grown.

Congrats on the flowers for the black naga. My plants are flowering and the first one dropped the petals, so will find out soon if I get a pod from it or not. Plant is still small though. Growing real slow.

jacob

are you talking about my noob-cake site?

i'll try. Thanks for the tip.

It's mostly the same stuff i post in my grow log.

Hey franz,

Yeah, it was a pop-up from one of the ads on the website (the website itself looks good, though). Are you with google ads, or another advertisement service? My guess is it was from the ad service.

My Black Naga plants so far look almost exactly like the regular Nagas. The flowers that have opened so far (there was another one yesterday) have all been white. I'll try to take some pics today to post.

pop ups? i don't have pop ups. i have google adsense, adbrite and infolinks.

but oh well. musta been some sort of spyware or whatever. crap.

As promised, updates on the plants:

Plant no. 1 (or two, depending on how you want to see it)

BlackNagaNo2sm.jpg

BlackNagaNo2Flower3sm.jpg

BlackNagaNo2Flower2sm.jpg

BlackNagaNo2Flower1sm.jpg

No pods yet, but hopefully if temperatures continue to be nice and warm this weekend, there may be something for next week.

You should see me every time one of the flowers drops...I go mental! :doh:

But fingers crossed for the weekend to bring good fortune.

Jacob, how are your plants doing?

They are probably the slowest growers in the garden. Petals have fallen off of 3 flowers so far. Won't know for a day or two if the pod took or the flower will fall off. Plant is only about 12" tall and just starting to branch out, and I normally wouldn't allow a plant it's size to pod up, but it is starting to hit a growth spurt now and it is almost July (started third week of January), so I will let it do what it's going to do. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and post it.

jacob

Well, it stopped raining, so I decided to go ahead and snap a pic. Plant is starting to grow a little sideways, so I went ahead and put a bamboo pole in there to tie it to and straighten it out some.

DSC00947.jpg

jacob

Do you know why they are growing slowly? It still has very nice growth, though. Both of mine have just beanpoled and grown gigantic leaves. You've got a nice amount of flowers there.

Will cross fingers for ya this weekend for some pods.

Are there any other forum members growing the Black Nagas, or is it just the two of us?

Are there any other forum members growing the Black Nagas, or is it just the two of us?

Hope there are more... by the pics you guys are posting we are still about 3 months from a ripe pod!
Got to take good care of those plants they are precious :)

Bleash

Do you know why they are growing slowly?
Had a rough time with the aphids this year while the plants were still inside, and the aphids seemed to love this variety the most I believe. I think that stunted it a bit. Looks like it is pulling out of it though, so hopefully it will start to fill in and pod up.

jacob

Do you know why they are growing slowly? It still has very nice growth, though. Both of mine have just beanpoled and grown gigantic leaves. You've got a nice amount of flowers there.

Will cross fingers for ya this weekend for some pods.

My guess would be yours bean poled like that with Huge leaves due to wanting more light. Mine always grew like that when I had them in window sills inside. I bet if it went outside any new growth would show tighter node spacing and much smaller leaves.

I hope you guys get some Black Nagas. That would just be something cool to have around. Good luck with them.

Went out and checked the plants this morning and I go my first pod starting on the Black Naga! :woohoo: Still too small for a pic though.

jacob

Went out and checked the plants this morning and I go my first pod starting on the Black Naga! :woohoo: Still too small for a pic though.

jacob
:dance: BOOYAH! :dance:

:) Congrats, Jacob. Hopefully I'll be able to follow. But really fantastic news to hear someone has a pod growing!

Back