• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Blair's Death Rain Nitro (dry rub)

anyone else try this stuff?? i LOVE it! sadly, i've only used it as a real steak rub once. on the other hand, i've been using it like salt on just about everything else. it's great on pizza, salads, vegetables, pretty much anything. gonna miss this stuff when i run out. :lol:

the heat is pretty potent. it's not too insane though. the description on the website says that it is habanero powder that has been sprayed with pure extract. "Blair has made his Mega Death sauce in dry form"

actually last night i accidentally inhaled some right before taking a bite of pizza, and it wound up somewhere in the back of my throat that isn't used to feeling heat. :shocked: wasn't great. other than that, it's not so bad. it tastes pretty good also. i don't know that it's the best (flavor-wise) rub out there..honestly haven't tried most of the ones on the market.

it costs about twice as much as the death rain habanero rub..one day i might sit down and try them side by side to see how much of a difference there is.

xgrafcorex said:
anyone else try this stuff?? i LOVE it! sadly, i've only used it as a real steak rub once. on the other hand, i've been using it like salt on just about everything else. it's great on pizza, salads, vegetables, pretty much anything. gonna miss this stuff when i run out. :lol:

the heat is pretty potent. it's not too insane though. the description on the website says that it is habanero powder that has been sprayed with pure extract. "Blair has made his Mega Death sauce in dry form"

actually last night i accidentally inhaled some right before taking a bite of pizza, and it wound up somewhere in the back of my throat that isn't used to feeling heat. :shocked: wasn't great. other than that, it's not so bad. it tastes pretty good also. i don't know that it's the best (flavor-wise) rub out there..honestly haven't tried most of the ones on the market.

it costs about twice as much as the death rain habanero rub..one day i might sit down and try them side by side to see how much of a difference there is.

I've been eating this stuff for a while. I love it on pizza too. If it's costing you twice as much as the habanero, you are getting ripped off. I buy the habanero for about $6 and the nitro for $8.

I just picked some up from a gourmet foods store that is having a clearance sale. I got it for about $4. I sprinkled a good amount on a bagel with cream cheese. It does taste like an extract sauce in powder form, lol. It's alright. I think I'm just gonna leave it in my bag for when the time arises that I'm out on the town & I need to spice up my food.

I can get my hands on it, but I have no idea about how long that thing lasts, any hints?
I like it quite hot so I guess I'd use pretty much, but not sure how much...

Back