• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's Jersey Death

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Blair's Jersey Death
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients: Red habanero pods, cayenne chilies, white vinegar, natural pepper flavor (contains soybean oil), tomato puree, pirri-pirri chilies, pumpkin seed, lime juice, salt, spices

I love this sauce! If you want an insanely hot sauce that actually has flavor, get it! Another good thing about this sauce is, the burn goes away quite fast. It's insanely hot, but it goes away after two or three minutes (for me). I don't know why that is, I haven't had that many sauces this hot, but it seems to me I've had sauces where the burn would last ten minutes. I'd rather have an insanely hot sauce that doesn't linger, and this is the one! This way, you can let your tongue cool before your next bite. A small dot goes a long way, so if you want more of a "sauce" the perfect carrier is tomato paste. I like to use tomato paste from the tube. A few shakes of Jersey Death to a teaspoon of paste makes the perfect sauce for dipping or spreading.

TheHotPepper.com

Attachments

• jerseydeath.jpg
    jerseydeath.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 270
I agree. I add JD to just about everything (except cereal). A little goes a long way. One of Blairs' better creations.

I hear that stuff's hot. I've had the After Death and it's real hot. The possible side effects is way hot but I don't like the extract taste in either of those. Waiting in the wings still are Sudden Death and Mega Death.

The one sauce of Blair's I actually liked was the Original Death. Even my wife liked that one. Very nice garlicky flavor without that nasty extract that makes my tummy unhappy.

thehotpepper.com said:
Sauce Reviewed: Blair's Jersey Death
By: TheHotPepper.com

I love this sauce! If you want an insanely hot sauce that actually has flavor, get it! Another good thing about this sauce is, the burn goes away quite fast. It's insanely hot, but it goes away after two or three minutes (for me). I don't know why that is, I haven't had that many sauces this hot, but it seems to me I've had sauces where the burn would last ten minutes. I'd rather have an insanely hot sauce that doesn't linger, and this is the one! This way, you can let your tongue cool before your next bite. A small dot goes a long way, so if you want more of a "sauce" the perfect carrier is tomato paste. I like to use tomato paste from the tube. A few shakes of Jersey Death to a teaspoon of paste makes the perfect sauce for dipping or spreading.

:D :)

I opened one from a case and tried it. It's not terribly hot, but has some flavor too. I expect to sell these also. Blair was kind enough to send me 2 or 3 cases of samples, so I tasted, liked, and put them on the website too.Still haven't opened any heat yet. I like to wait for a group of friends so I can get 'subjective, culalative(?), opinions at one time. Heck, I think C-Rations taste great!!

I love all of Blairs hot sauces. I just placed my order for a bottle of Firecracker 500, it's a pre-order that will ship on the 16th of June I believe. Just another great sauce by Blair.

That is some seriously kick-ass stuff...too bad i can't find it down here in Florida for sale locally. Oh, well, i guess i'm going mail-order then!

Wo-Hoo!!! I just got my order of Jersey Death in the mail. I imeditly opened it and noticed the warning on the "Suggested Uses" saying "Use sparingly. Jersey Death should not be consumed without dilution."

So I decided to just ignore that and sprayed some directly on my tounge...WOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! This stuff is hot!!!!!

I'm going to do my usual tests with it and then post a review on the boards.

Came with a groovy litte skull keychain too and some extras(I do love getting extra stuff, especially if it's got some nice graphic design that i can look at).

SIDE NOTE: I'm shaking right now, 3 minutes after sampling the sauce. My forehead is soaked and I have this huge adrenaling rush going on. I'm so full of energy that I'm going to run around in the lawn for a minute or two.(seriously)

imaguitargod said:
Wo-Hoo!!! I just got my order of Jersey Death in the mail. I imeditly opened it and noticed the warning on the "Suggested Uses" saying "Use sparingly. Jersey Death should not be consumed without dilution."

So I decided to just ignore that and sprayed some directly on my tounge...WOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! This stuff is hot!!!!!

I'm going to do my usual tests with it and then post a review on the boards.

Came with a groovy litte skull keychain too and some extras(I do love getting extra stuff, especially if it's got some nice graphic design that i can look at).

SIDE NOTE: I'm shaking right now, 3 minutes after sampling the sauce. My forehead is soaked and I have this huge adrenaling rush going on. I'm so full of energy that I'm going to run around in the lawn for a minute or two.(seriously)

Capsaicin rush!

I'm jealous.

T

i managed to get my hands on a bottle of this last week. without doubt, the hottest thing i've ever tasted...yet still so much flavour.

i can't resisting knocking back a few drops here and there...

i gotta stop walking past the fridge and start cooking with it.

having it straight is too punishing.

Jeff Spicoli said:
i managed to get my hands on a bottle of this last week. without doubt, the hottest thing i've ever tasted...yet still so much flavour.

i can't resisting knocking back a few drops here and there...

i gotta stop walking past the fridge and start cooking with it.

having it straight is too punishing.

I suggest that if Jersey Death is too punishing that you avoid Zero... If my 13 yr old's assessment is any example, Jersey Death is just a slap on the wrist.

T

Tina Brooks said:
If my 13 yr old's assessment is any example, Jersey Death is just a slap on the wrist.

T
Must have been Hunt's BBQ sauce, or something.

Back