• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bleash's Growlog

The peppers are awesome especially the PDN but I'm curious as to what the plant with the purple bloom behind the pepper? Very pretty too.

Are you refering to the first picture I posted? Those plants with purple flowers ate the back are orchids.
My wife loves them for their beautiful flowers so we always have a few at the house.

Bleash

You said no yard, but do you have a roof. I have a few friends that have done roof growing with some other more "vegetative" plants.

i grew lettuce and arugula on my roof =D still do. lettuce has flowered though. arugula i still eat and harvest. doesn't bolt as easily.

You said no yard, but do you have a roof. I have a few friends that have done roof growing with some other more "vegetative" plants.

I don't know what you mean by roof. I have a varanda, is that it?
My varanda is very nice, it takes full sun from 5 pm to about 9 pm in the summer. Unfortunately its so windy thats impossible to have any pots in there. I have an extra-mini greenhouse in there, strongly attached to a wall. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

i grew lettuce and arugula on my roof =D still do. lettuce has flowered though. arugula i still eat and harvest. doesn't bolt as easily.

In the extra-mini greenhouse I usually grow coriander and basil and rosemary and so on ( besides chillis of course). Its great having fresh herbs to cook.
This year however I only have ginger for my currys :)

Bleash

yes it is great having fresh herbs. i just wish i could plant more. hehe.

the help has ginger growing here also. but then ginger's quite cheap here and the market is less than a kilometer away. lol.

Right on looking good Bleash! One question though, why do you have red string tied to the pods stems?

Its my way of marking the pods that I have isolated and that I can take seeds from.
I'm very carefull not to save seeds that may be crosses.

With no bugs to help with pollinization I have to play God with my finger and sometimes I have to take pollen from the flowers of other chillis to do this.
When I'm sure that the pollen comes from the same plant as the flower I'm helping then I use a string to mark that fruit.
Yep, I'm insane.

Bleash

speaking of bugs. i got ants messing with my pepper plants' flowers! must be harvesting the pollen. just hope the flowers don't drop so i can have a pepper after them profiting from my hard work. lol.

Thats a really good idea! I was wondering if I took a qtip and pollinated the flowers asap from the same plant if it would prevent cross pollination. I have not taken any precautions this year but next year I will be for sure.

Back