Bleash's Growlog

Hey there guys
So I finally decided to share with you some pics of my peppers.

I know its not much but its what I can grow...

Gonna start with a Pimenta de Neyde.
The photos are about 2 weeks old

DSC01192-Copy.jpg

here's a close up on the top of the plant, we can't see it but it is starting to bud

DSC01193-Copy.jpg

Bleash

This is my precious right now. Its started flowering about 10 days ago and so far almost every flower turned into a pod :)

My Naga, or atleast I hope it is. First year growing so I'm not sure it is true or not.

DSC01205-Copy.jpg

and a close up on the pods

DSC01206-Copy.jpg

I'll try to post some more tomorrow

Bleash

Your plants are looking good Bleash and it looks like you'll be getting some nice naga pods soon.

So are your peppers indoors then? They look like they'd take off once put in teh ground/larger pots.

Thanks for all the gook luck and incentive guys.

I'm very happy because for the first time in about 4 years I'm keeping my plants aphid free.
When growing indoors any aphid is enough to ruin your summer and make you fight for every pepper you want to harvest.

your pots are really nice.

i feel like my masculinity has just been compromised.

Loved that you noticed the pots.
Its my little trick to be able to keep plants inside the house without my wife bugging me!
It works better than I expected. :)

Your plants are looking good Bleash and it looks like you'll be getting some nice naga pods soon.

So are your peppers indoors then? They look like they'd take off once put in the ground/larger pots.

Now this is what hurts me the most. I don't have a backyard so this is the best I can give my plants...
my plants are small so my harvests are small too.

i like the foliage of that Pimenta de Neyde plant of yours.

The Pimenta de Neyde is really one of my favourites. Its beautifull and it grows really fast.
Besides it has a very weird growth habit that I'm gonna post one of these days for you guys to see. The new nodes start to grow upside down!

Bleash

Nice looking plants and grow log Bleash, glad you did it. You might start looking for some larger pots and give the roots a bigger place to call home. Best of luck to ya bro!

Hello blesh,
Cool guy, your Pimenta da Neyde is beautiful and very healthy.
I've been planting this Pimenta da Neyde for more than five years and also am a lucky guy because I am a friend of the lovely woman who gave name to this beautiful and burnt pepper.
I also have the naga planted in my plantation and I'll try to take a picture of flowers next week for you to compare with yours.
Take care my friend :cool: :)

Now in Portuguese :lol:

Olá blesh,
beleza cara, a sua Pimenta da Neyde está linda e com muita saúde.
Eu venho plantando esta Pimenta da Neyde por mais de 5 anos e também sou um cara de sorte pois sou amigo da amável mulher que deu nome a esta linda e ardida pimenta.
Também tenho a naga plantada na minha plantação e vou tentar tirar uma foto das flores na prôxima semana para voce comparar com as suas.
Se cuida amigo :cool: :)
Just in time, I loved that Cristal as well :beer:

Hey there guys
So I finally decided to post some pics of the progress of my chillis.

I have to say that things have been growing really slowly.
I'm sure this is due to pod size restrictions but there's not much I can do about it.

First something I find extremely curious, my Pimenta de Neyde's weird growth habit...
Notice how the tip is pointing down. It's the only variety I have that does this as it grows.

DSC01211.jpg

Here's a pic of the 2 fruits it has so far. Its root bound so I'm not expecting alot more pods from her.

DSC01222-Cpia.jpg

Beautiful, fat pods.
I'm pretty sure these pods are a cross with a hot lemon thats right next to it.
So no seeds coming from these 2.

Bleash

If you scroll up you'll see a picture from my Naga with small pods starting to grow.
Here's how it was yesterday when I got home from work. :)

DSC01215-Cpia.jpg

First ripe pod of the season

My tabasco is starting to flower.
Its a bit late compared to all the others and I don't know why.
Anyway, its my first year growing Tabasco so I'm gonna wait and see how it goes.

DSC01225-Cpia.jpg

First fruit and some more flower starting to show

Bleash

sorry if its a dumb question, but why have you tied cotton around the pod stems?

Grimus, this is my way of marking the pods that I have isolated and that I can take of seeds from.
I'm very carefull not to save seeds that may be crosses.

chillilover, I know my plants are in need of some more space but this is the absolute best I can give them right now.
Its sad because they only produce few pods each season. But at least I can taste them all this way.
I'm still dreaming about a house with a backyard...

franzb69, the Pimenta de Neyde is not flowering nor growing anymore. I really hope I can still get some pure seeds to send you a few.
In the worst case scenario I'll only have seeds from not isolated pods...

thanks for you comments guys

Bleash

The peppers are awesome especially the PDN but I'm curious as to what the plant with the purple bloom behind the pepper? Very pretty too.

Back