• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blue's Habanera Reserve

Well I recieved a bottle of Blue's Habanera Reserve as a prototype sample the other day. So far I have to say that this is a perfect sauce and can be used for probably anything at all. I have been too busy lately to do anything proper with it, but this morning I made eggs and put some on there.

I was very suprised to find that it was not unbearable with the habs in it. There was a very nice warm heat in my mouth and down the esophogus. While at the same time a nice sweet taste that was hard to place. I have to admit that for the rest of the time, more and more went on the eggs, and I found that I could not stop. To my suprise, my oldest daughter wanted to try it, she likes salsa but has never had hot sauce at all, and she loved it. Then, to top it all off, my 5 year old, who won't even eat cinnamin gum tried it and liked it too.

Apparently there is a bit of work to go into it yet, but as it is now it is an excellent sauce. I think a bit thicker would be nice, and of course more heat also, as long as it does not alter the flavor much, because its that sweet/hot thing that makes it what it is. I look forward to making something else with it here too. Maybe I will have tomorrow off...

Thanks alot for the sample!

Steve

Sevver:

Thanks for the kind words. The final product will be thicker, less sweet and hotter. All of the feedback that I have received has been positive. I think folks will like Blue's Habanera Reserve when it is released in the future.

Blue's

sevver said:
Great, I look forward to it.

Hey Folks:

My hopefully, final version of Blue's "Habanera Reserve" is complete.

Samples will be sent to those who had expressed interest. This product if well received, will be available after new label design and a trial batch to be cooked with my co-packer.

Stay tuned,

Blue's

[quote name='Blue's']Hey Folks:

My hopefully, final version of Blue's "Habanera Reserve" is complete.

Samples will be sent to those who had expressed interest. This product if well received, will be available after new label design and a trial batch to be cooked with my co-packer.

Stay tuned,

Blue's[/QUOTE]
Oh, I hope I expressed the right interest :doh: . That's cool that you are redoing the labels! Are you going with a different label stock as well? Thicker, UV Coat?

imaguitargod said:
Oh, I hope I expressed the right interest :doh: . That's cool that you are redoing the labels! Are you going with a different label stock as well? Thicker, UV Coat?

Hey:

A sample is coming your way. Have you seen the label for my Carolina Pepper sauce? My new label will have a guitar somewhere on the label for product recognition, but the new label will be totally different. I do use a thick label that is coated to prevent ink to run. My new habanera reserve has so many habs in it that it can probably peel paint. It tastes good though!!!

Give me a few days to send. Gotta work to support my sauce business.

Blue's

Hey Folks:

My final version of Blue's Habanera has been sent out to all that asked. I'm hopefull that only minor changes will need to be made before production. Hope you all enjoy and please feel free to let everyone know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Blue's

sevver said:
Well I recieved a bottle of Blue's Habanera Reserve as a prototype sample the other day. So far I have to say that this is a perfect sauce and can be used for probably anything at all. I have been too busy lately to do anything proper with it, but this morning I made eggs and put some on there.

I was very suprised to find that it was not unbearable with the habs in it. There was a very nice warm heat in my mouth and down the esophogus. While at the same time a nice sweet taste that was hard to place. I have to admit that for the rest of the time, more and more went on the eggs, and I found that I could not stop. To my suprise, my oldest daughter wanted to try it, she likes salsa but has never had hot sauce at all, and she loved it. Then, to top it all off, my 5 year old, who won't even eat cinnamin gum tried it and liked it too.

Apparently there is a bit of work to go into it yet, but as it is now it is an excellent sauce. I think a bit thicker would be nice, and of course more heat also, as long as it does not alter the flavor much, because its that sweet/hot thing that makes it what it is. I look forward to making something else with it here too. Maybe I will have tomorrow off...

Thanks alot for the sample!

Steve

WOW - This sauce sounds fantastic! I love sauces that have a sweet bite! Blue's - Good Luck wioth your sauce! If you have an extra sample I would love to throw some down! Check your PM

Thanks!

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINAH! Great sauce. You completely nailed this one. It’s got the right balance of sweet, heat, and flavor. With the removal of water makes it much thicker (and also eliminated the need for the dab/squirter device on the opening of the bottle…which I’ve noticed that you removed.) I say run with this one because I can’t think of anything I would change about the sauce now.

Back