• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bokashi Juice

I started a Bokashi bin a few weeks ago.
2 20L buckets 1 with holes drilled in the bottom the other with a tap near the base.

Anyhow... I've only been putting fruit and vegetable scraps in it (don't like the idea of meat in compost)
I poured out the juice for the first time tonight and I've got 1L
The bin is not even a 1/4 full!

What do you all do with the juice? is 1:1000 really strong enough for foliage spray?
I'll be using the stuff forever if I only go 1:1000, lol

How often would you water your plants with the Bokashi (1:100)?

Im not too experienced with Bokashi stuff. I know what it is and all, but dont know a whole lot about it. A REAL good person to talk to about it would be Neil from TheHippySeedCo. I know HE uses the stuff.

Or DiggingDogFarm, he seems to be quite the expert on the subject.
I just use bokashi for composting but I would guess the juice could be treated like any other compost tea.

I just water the soil with mine at a higher mix, I haven't sprayed it as I think it would be pretty sticky and smelly.

:) I should get my act together and start it up again.

I'm not too sure about it's stickyness I've managed not to get it on myself so far.
The smell is really not that bad. Kind of a strong cider smell to it, Fish Emulsion is a far worse smell.

I've been dumping the juice at full strength off the back patio. At full strength it hasn't burned the grass or weeds. Can't say for sure, but it looks like they're healthy and I think I've got a lot more clover coming in. I haven't used it on my plants yet, but when I do, I'll start light and work my way up to see what level is too much.

Please post back anything you find. I've got months to go before I'm ready to really feed my garden anything significant.

OK reply from Neil was as follows (he mentioned how extremely busy he was also :) )
Neil also said that it was cool to post his response on here so I'll start with this line that made me laugh, lol

"I have the Juice coming out my arse, worm Juice too"

OK now the serious stuff

1:1000 spray yea but i put More prob 1:500 or something Like that as Its Natural so cant really Over feed.
I water that with a Watercan full of water everyday.. evey secnd Day ill use either Bokashi Or Worm Juice, then swap next time and Not had a SINGLE prob and EVRYTHING loves It and Grows

Back