Bold Badger Sauces 2019 sauce giveaway

Good news everyone, my new sauce is finally ready for sale.  See my grow log thread here to see how I got to this point.  The sauce fermented until mid-March, so about six months, or double last year's time.  I think the longer fermentation and aging time made a difference, because in all honesty this year's sauce is even tastier than last year.  I also removed most of the seeds, which definitely cut down on the bitterness, and the heat levels didn't take as much of a hit as I expected.  Also note that last year a few of my sauces were chunkier than I would have liked, the consistency is better now, much easier to dispense.  The price is still only $5!

Anyway, below are descriptions of each of the sauces.  To celebrate this auspicious occasion, the first 10 people to reply to this thread will receive a free bottle of sauce.  If you're one of the first 10 respondents I'll PM you to find out which one you want and to get your shipping address.  I'll also throw in some mystery seeds, since I still have a ton of them.  Also I'm going to limit this to the continental US only.  Sorry outlanders, but the shipping is just too expensive.  I'll make an exception if you want to cover the shipping cost yourself.

yellow_7_pot_small.jpg

Yellow 7 pot
You may recall this sauce won 2nd place in THP's featured pepper category last year.  Not to toot my own horn, but I have to say this new batch turned out even better.  I added a bit more annuums, which altered the flavor profile exactly as I'd hoped, although they still only make up about 5% of the peppers, the rest are all yellow 7 pots.  Heat level is medium-high.

smokehouse_small.jpg

Smokehouse BBQ
Last year I called the smoked pepper sauce "Chipotle" just because everyone knows what it means, even though there were no actual chipotle peppers in it.  I renamed it this year for the sake of accuracy, and because the smoked peppers got a little too smoked, and the caramelized sugars lent a bit of sweetness to it.  It's sort of like a very spicy BBQ sauce.  Note that there are no tomatoes in it.  I'm not a fan of tomato-based hot sauces.  Heat level is high.

rogan_ouch_small.jpg

Rogan Ouch
This one gets the most improved award.  Not only is the texture better, it pours more easily, but the curry leaf flavor came through MUCH stronger.  It really is exactly what I hoped it would be from the beginning.  The flavor is so strong it could be used as a substitute for curry leaves in a recipe.  Heat level is medium.

plum_crazy_small.jpg

Plum Crazy
This one won 2nd place in this year's THP xtra-hot category.  It has a delicious fruity undertone.  Note that it isn't really sweet at all, just fruity.  Heat level is medium-high.

overkill_small.jpg

Overkill
This is my hottest sauce.  The superhots that went into it are almost all ghosts and reapers, hardly any scorpions.  It tastes about the same as last year, a ton of deliciously fermented flavor with enough heat to kill an elephant.  Heat level is insane.

dragonfire_small.jpg

Dragonfire
This one was originally intended to become more Smokehouse, but the mash was so tasty I bottled it up on its own.  It's basically the same recipe as the Yellow 7 Pot sauce only with a wider variety of peppers.  The fact that it tastes so much different is just a testament to the fact that the yellow 7 pot is a really unique, unnaturally tasty pepper.  Heat level is medium-high.

lunatic_small.jpg

Lunatic Sauce
This is the white 7 pot sauce.  It tastes a lot like the Yellow 7 Pot sauce, but the flavor is a bit more mellow.  Heat level is medium-high.

Wow, just wow.  What a kind offer.  How about I order a couple of sauces at the same time?  Since I'm going to take you up on this kind offer.

By the by.  I planted seeds from your mystery ones.  Took seeds off of 6 different placenta's and planted them separately so I have BB Mystery plants 1 through 6.  Fun!

Orekoc said:
Wow, just wow.  What a kind offer.  How about I order a couple of sauces at the same time?  Since I'm going to take you up on this kind offer.

By the by.  I planted seeds from your mystery ones.  Took seeds off of 6 different placenta's and planted them separately so I have BB Mystery plants 1 through 6.  Fun!

Awesome.  I hope the seeds work out for you.  And yeah I guess if you want to order some bottles on top of the free one, just note your THP username in the comments when you're checking out and let me know which one you want for the free bottle, and I'll just throw it in with the rest of the order when I ship it.

Bold Badger Sauces said:

Awesome.  I hope the seeds work out for you.  And yeah I guess if you want to order some bottles on top of the free one, just note your THP username in the comments when you're checking out and let me know which one you want for the free bottle, and I'll just throw it in with the rest of the order when I ship it.
I’d do this, too!

Perfect timing. I need some sauces for sampling at a hot sauce class in a couple weeks.

He makes killer sauces. They are ALL fermented, and he needs to add this to his marketing strategy because it goes unnoticed.

Also, as you can see, he is humble enough to review his own sauces.

This guy is the real deal. Real craft, small batch sauces with heat and flavor.

Back