Bold Badger Sauces 2019 sauce giveaway

Forgot the pic
b2962465bf4fd87a987acddc06f1fc8e.jpg

Salsalady:  Magento is this big shopping cart system, it's kind of taken over for oscommerce. I've heard of shippingeasy, I think they also have a plugin for Magento.

Bhuter:  I mainly just hated to see the seeds go to waste, and it's a nice little extra to throw in with every order. I'm down to the last little bit after sending out all these packages. I actually sent a ton of them to a pepper scientist in FL who's using them for some kind of genetic experiments. I think he's trying to produce a seedless chinense pepper. SCIENCE!

And damn, I can assure you the box didn't look like that when I sent it. Maybe your mailman just hates you, lol.

CMJ: Glad you liked it!

The last package is going out tomorrow. Feel free to post your reviews of the sauce, good or bad.

I have a tracking number, but when I checked earlier today, the PO claimed it had no info for the number. Sigh.

Thanks Bold!  The new tracking number shows a delivery on the 7th. 
Bold Badger Sauces said:
Whoops, I double checked and I did send you the wrong tracking #.  I PM'd you the right one.

Mine arrived. Had to sample some. Not as hot as i imagined but it is hot. Actually about perfect for me and WAY less salty than Smoken Marie's!!!! Not over the top in the "chinense aroma or flavor either". Its actually rather mild in that respect. On hot food i seem to notice that flavor more. I just put some in my palm and licked it up like a dog :D

Good stuff and thank you very much. Packaging was top notch too.
6V8zaJk.jpg

That one sort of builds imo, and the heat seems to be mostly concentrated around the lips.  I think it's a result of all the smoked peppers added post-fermentation, it increases the amount of peppers per square inch, so to speak.  It has a great flavor though.

Its hotter than Maries but a little less smoky too. Which is exactly what i was hoping. Something i can mix in a sweet pineapple based glaze for baked chicken thighs that will give it a bit of grilled flavor and heat.

Picked up my Bold Badger order today.  Thanks for the seeds and extra bottle, I wasn't expecting that.

Haven't tried the 7 Pot sauce yet....I'm skeered!  The others are good, similar profiles, and I like the smokehouse!  I'd like to see a Heat indicator on the label.  It may not be possible, since these are small batches.  Might be too much variables from batch to batch. 

Best wishes for much success in your sauce business!

bold badger.jpg

salsalady

lol the 7 pot is one of the milder ones.  Smokehouse is definitely the hottest one out of that group.

And yeah I've been trying to think of a cool way to indicate the heat level.  I had an "angry starfish" system in mind, like "3 out of 5 angry starfish", but I never followed through.  I could easily add it to the description though.

I think the Smokehouse could be tolerated by anyone that really likes hot sauce. I didnt find it to be painfully hot but the flavor is great. Probably a bit extreme for people that think Tabasco is pretty hot. It is hotter than Maries smoked sauces but not instantly. You have a few moments to enjoy the other flavors before the heat starts to build.

Mine arrived today as well.  Got to get a picture of them.  Thanks Andy!

And Lady Salsa is right (no surprise there!), I think it would have been cheaper to send them in a flat rate box.  More work for you Andy, but on any of my orders, ship it the cheaper way and either keep the extra in postage, or if that bothers you, add another bottle to the order - or something.

Bold Badger Sauces said:
lol the 7 pot is one of the milder ones.  Smokehouse is definitely the hottest one out of that group.

And yeah I've been trying to think of a cool way to indicate the heat level.  I had an "angry starfish" system in mind, like "3 out of 5 angry starfish", but I never followed through.  I could easily add it to the description though.
When I first unpacked the bottles, Dude and I were both.....uuummm...7 Pot?  You taste it!  No, YOU taste it. I dare You. I Double Dare you!!!  :lol:

As it happened, we cooked some fresh corn on the cob for dinner tonight, cut it off the cob, a couple big pats of butter aaaaaaannnndddd.... 7 Pot Sauce!  With the sweet corn, I think that toned it down several notches with the natural sugars of the corn.  Dude really liked it, enough that I tried it.  I told you I was skeered, I've worked with 7 Pots....a LOT.....and they've literally blistered my arms.  Bold Badger's 7 Pot Sauce made the dinner.  

This is where a heat indicator would of saved me all of the angst of trying the sauce.  Even a simple thermometer gauge would be fine.  or a 1-5 claw indicator that is color coded.....like there are 1-5 badger claws instead of the typical 1-5 chile peppers....or 1-5 flames......you get the idea~~~~

Thanks for sharing. 

I'll see what I can do about more shipping options.  I just ordered some flat rate padded envelopes.  I may be able to fit a few bottles in small cardboard boxes into those envelopes, which would definitely be cheaper than those same bottles in a larger cardboard box.

And yeah, I'll definitely get something on the labels to indicate the heat level next year.

Glad you liked the yellow 7 pot, that one is super tasty.

Talk to Pookie.  He sent me some (4 I think) bottles of sauce wrapped in bubblewrap, in a flat rate padded envelope from NY.  They got here just fine. 

I know businesses want to have a "look", "theme", whatever, but I'm guessing most of us here are fine with cheap shipping, as long as the sacues get to us whole.  Maybe a "buyer beware" for the cheap shipping option.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Bold Badger Sauces said:
I'll see what I can do about more shipping options.  I just ordered some flat rate padded envelopes.  I may be able to fit a few bottles in small cardboard boxes into those envelopes, which would definitely be cheaper than those same bottles in a larger cardboard box.

And yeah, I'll definitely get something on the labels to indicate the heat level next year.

Glad you liked the yellow 7 pot, that one is super tasty.

Back