• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

bonchi challenge?

I thought I was the only one that was considering giving away a bonchi as a gift and the more people that would participate will make it way better

+1

I am totally excited about it!!

And today is another seed sowing day for more peppers and tomatoes (while watching the Daytoma 500!)

also, need to get 72 fresh Tomato seedlings and a few pepper seedlings into cups of soil :)

Sowed 10 more varieties of peppers last night in the germ trays too :)

In that article you posted in the other thread, He took several seedlings and tied them together....then let them all bond as they grew....if you did that with, for example, several Habanero varieties, it would look sort of like a christmas tree :)

Hmmmm.
Doing that this year with a Primo, Reaper, and Douglah.
Not sure if I want them Bonchi this year---just a Medium sized house plant.

If I am successful though, maybe for next year---or do a bunch up this winter to sell.

I have my semi-final list of bonchis I will be doing
Primo
Sepia serpent f4
Infinity
Brainstrain
Wild Brazil
Orange wild Brazil
Cumari
Chocolate tsmb
Chocolate scorp
Bb douglah yellow

What I'm gonna bonsify this year are: Trepadeira do Werner, C. Lanceolatum (if it germinates, that is) CGN 22084 (c.chacoënse) and C. Rhomboideum - The wild varieties are always tricky to germinate, so I'm waiting until I can do it outdoors. Lower temperatures at night are said to be beneficial to germination, and I can't be bothered to simulate this insides, so I'm waiting for April, then: into the dirt with them and fingers crossed.

You've got a nice list of wilds there and I always use a heat mat during the day and unplug it at night seems to work very well dont know much about germinating wilds though

Guys, it might be hard and really expensive if im gonna send or get a bonchi as prize from Sweden. Maybe i can participate just for fun and dont send or get anything if i lose or win? That would be really good :)

Thank you

Back