• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonnie plant thread! post your plants and success/failures

i picked these yesterday. both peppers are over 8 oz each. 248.5 grams.

20190810_182418_resized.jpg

20190810_182733_resized.jpg

this year almost all the bonnie plants did well except 2 pepper plants had mediocre production. one was a serrano and the other is the thai chili. early in this thread i noted that the serrano seedling i bought actually had 2 seedlings in the pot and i separated them. one flourished and one struggled. it seemed stunted for a month or more then finally grew some but not nearly as many pods as the other plant. the thai chili hasn`t put out very many pods and it may be due to the container being on the small side, about 2 gallons. i have habanero and red ghost ripening but the jalapenos are still green.  :mad: 3 different types of cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes are all doing very good and cukes doing good also. my wife picks the tomatoes daily and i am picking the peppers every 2 or 3 days. 

20190823_134600_resized.jpg

20190823_134814_resized.jpg

20190823_134831_resized.jpg

20190823_134836_resized.jpg

20190823_134839_resized.jpg

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
this year almost all the bonnie plants did well except 2 pepper plants had mediocre production. one was a serrano and the other is the thai chili. early in this thread i noted that the serrano seedling i bought actually had 2 seedlings in the pot and i separated them. one flourished and one struggled. it seemed stunted for a month or more then finally grew some but not nearly as many pods as the other plant. the thai chili hasn`t put out very many pods and it may be due to the container being on the small side, about 2 gallons. i have habanero and red ghost ripening but the jalapenos are still green.  :mad: 3 different types of cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes are all doing very good and cukes doing good also. my wife picks the tomatoes daily and i am picking the peppers every 2 or 3 days. 

attachicon.gif
20190823_134600_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190823_134814_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190823_134831_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190823_134836_resized.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190823_134839_resized.jpg
Luv what sort of peppers are those? Shishito?

2c67be49062d562ed0ed81a806f52e43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
My 3 Mucho Nacho have been giving me quite a few ripe peppers, [emoji16]the Anaheim and Fresno are just now starting to ripen up. The Anaheim and Fresno don’t seem to be as productive as the Mucho Nacho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it`s good to hear that your mucho nachos are doing good. my jalapenos, one mucho nacho and one regular jala, have a few ripening pods but not a lot. i used a different strategy this year where i wouldn't harvest jalas until they were red. in past years i would harvest pods while still green to eat and to pickle and that seemed to stimulate the plant to put out more flowers and pods. it could also be because of different weather conditions this year. all i know is i`m getting maybe a dozen pods off each plant for the season and last year it was probably double that. i`m fine with it i have enough other peppers growing to keep me happy.  :cheers:

Not sure about Bonnie's Fresno but the ones i grew last year blew away all my jalapenos in production and how fast they ripen. This year is milder and ive only gotten a few ripe jalas sofar. I had loads of ripe Mucho Nacho by this time last year.

I have not had their Anaheim yet either but sofar only the Lumbre Anaheim has been a very heavy producer. They kinda suck though unless you want dried really hot Anaheim. Ive tried 64s, Big Jim Heritage and Sandia Select. None will produce for me like Mucho Nacho will produce. Not even close.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Not sure about Bonnie's Fresno but the ones i grew last year blew away all my jalapenos in production and how fast they ripen. This year is milder and ive only gotten a few ripe jalas sofar. I had loads of ripe Mucho Nacho by this time last year.

I have not had their Anaheim yet either but sofar only the Lumbre Anaheim has been a very heavy producer. They kinda suck though unless you want dried really hot Anaheim. Ive tried 64s, Big Jim Heritage and Sandia Select. None will produce for me like Mucho Nacho will produce. Not even close.
i agree on the fresnos ripening fast. i`ve grown them on and off for a few years and they are some of the first to go red. 

Back