food Boomas BBQ

Did a bit of everything tonight on the grill, really falling in love with this thing!

Dammit video didn't work oh well, hmmmm maybe it does? meh

Attachments

• trim.AB219151-FD67-44CD-B801-72BCE588562F.MOV
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Dang sweet Boom.

In California, they use a Santa Maria grill which is similar to that ern' but has a wheel and chain system to raise and lower the grill over the coals.

A bbq joint in Austin, TX, The Salt Lick, also uses a similar system as they do they're bbq directly over the coals.

Yeah this just has a simple handle on the front which you wind to raise/lower.
Going to buy another real soon and piss off the big gas bbq.

Salt lick is one place I would love to visit one day, but for the time being I'm going to build my own brick pit so I can do the sane thing this year.

It's been to long. Finally had some time to bbq again

Trimmed up some ribs, threw on some rub, going on the pit soon

DSC01631.JPG

DSC01632.JPG

DSC01633.JPG

DSC01638.JPG

Great look! that looks so tasty 

Booma. Your post has been triggered to enter the world of smoking. Next week I'll be building a smoker with 70-gallon drum. 

TB: I liked your smoker and was about to make a clone. It happens that will also be barbecue, then I will use the method of horizontal drum. It will be a hybrid BBQ / Smooker

I'll take the rack on the right, the one that didn't shrink off the bone, it looks perfect, and the racks are nice and squared St. Lou style. Burger = bonus! Nice cook.

The Hot Pepper said:
I'll take the rack on the right, the one that didn't shrink off the bone, it looks perfect, and the racks are nice and squared St. Lou style. Burger = bonus! Nice cook.
Been taking some lessons on doing the St. Louis style. I think i prefer them this way now.

:sings:

"Flintstone's! Meet the Flintstone's! They're a modern stone age family!"

Bigass dino ribs!

Absolutely gorgeous hunks of meat. 

Awesome pullback and bark and still look juicy like a shampoo'd water buffalo.

Boom sir you have out done yourself once again.

Super wombat chingon!

Back