shipping bottling/shipping 101

I've had a couple of people express interest in trying my recent sauce. I would like to oblige. Since I am not a manufacturer, and don't have bottling equipment, etc. (and, since I'm not going into the business, I don't want to acquire said equipment) do any of you on the supply side of hot sauce have an idea of what would be the best way to pack/ship a small amount (a couple of oz.s) of this sauce?

I'd hate to ship it, only to have the person on the receiving end open up a mess (not to mention the unsuspecting postal worker, who might get some on his/her hands :shock:

I'd appreciate your advice.

Josh

DEFCON Creator said:
I'd be a little more worried about what's inside the little blue bottle, than the sealant. I made sure we got a good mix of oil and crystal in that little critter. Give it a good shake to get the crystals moving around, and once again, just make sure you don't get it on your hands.

Don't worry. I've learned from experience. I treat all extract sauces with respect.

That's cool (no pun intended). The ZERO however is not a sauce, it's just 'the' extract. We are currently working on a NEGATIVE 1 one extract, that should be exponentially hotter than the ZERO, but it's still in the works. Not to mention since I personally sample each prototype, I need a day or two to get the tastebuds to regenerate. :shock:

DEFCON Creator said:
That's cool (no pun intended). The ZERO however is not a sauce, it's just 'the' extract. We are currently working on a NEGATIVE 1 one extract, that should be exponentially hotter than the ZERO, but it's still in the works. Not to mention since I personally sample each prototype, I need a day or two to get the tastebuds to regenerate. :shock:

You know, tastebud generation with my sauces takes a maximum of 20 minutes.

You guys are dangerous!

My wife gets a personal thrill from watching me writhe in pain. You should see it when I make my homemade horseradish. I wear a scuba mask and have the regulator in my mouth hooked up to the nitrox cylinder. Our neighbors must think we have a meth lab. :D

DEFCON Creator said:
My wife gets a personal thrill from watching me writhe in pain. You should see it when I make my homemade horseradish. I wear a scuba mask and have the regulator in my mouth hooked up to the nitrox cylinder. Our neighbors must think we have a meth lab. :D

No doubt!

LMAO

And here, they all walk by licking their lips wondering what that delectable smell is!

Although, I've thought of using the scuba gear myself when the Peppermaster is cooking down the habs. lol

You're gonna love this one. A buddy of mine, who's a Yankee fan went to one of the playoff home games in NY last season. I gave him a small bottle of the #1 sauce. He bought a bunch of Red Sox clothing, so he could fit in with the Boston crowd. He was wearing batting gloves, and put the #1 sauce all over them, and proceeded to shake hands to as many Boston fans as he could. He revelled in his glory watching the capsaicin-infected fans all high fived each other, and then broke into tears like they got maced. Gotta love capsaicin, Mother Nature's all-purpose tear-jerker. :D

DEFCON Creator said:
You're gonna love this one. A buddy of mine, who's a Yankee fan went to one of the playoff home games in NY last season. I gave him a small bottle of the #1 sauce. He bought a bunch of Red Sox clothing, so he could fit in with the Boston crowd. He was wearing batting gloves, and put the #1 sauce all over them, and proceeded to shake hands to as many Boston fans as he could. He revelled in his glory watching the capsaicin-infected fans all high fived each other, and then broke into tears like they got maced. Gotta love capsaicin, Mother Nature's all-purpose tear-jerker. :D

You should be careful telling that story, especially with the CIA so keen on hunting down terrorists these days. lol

hehe, you are baaad.

T

Tina Brooks][quote name= said:
is[/i] the govt. Am I right, Defcon? Man, that's a gutsy prank to pull. So the DEFCON 0 is pure extract? Thanks for the heads-up. I understand about the scuba gear. When I made my hot sauces, the fumes can get overwhelming.

hehe, you are baaad.

T

I wouldn't say i -am- the government, that would be taking way to much credit. As for the prank, I laughed my *** off when he told me what he did. I may not be much of a baseball fan, but that was definitely funny.

As for the ZERO, yeah, it the 'white lightning' extract we spoke of. Just wait until the NEGATIVE 1 comes around. I may cut the non-taste (if that's possible), with something interesting like wasabi or fermented horseradish. Stay tuned...

DEFCON Creator said:
I wouldn't say i -am- the government, that would be taking way to much credit. As for the prank, I laughed my *** off when he told me what he did. I may not be much of a baseball fan, but that was definitely funny.

As for the ZERO, yeah, it the 'white lightning' extract we spoke of. Just wait until the NEGATIVE 1 comes around. I may cut the non-taste (if that's possible), with something interesting like wasabi or fermented horseradish. Stay tuned...

Ok if saying you am the government is "taking too much" credit... what would be taking just the right amount of credit??? :?

Actually, I'm saying that because current bashers seem to need more and more platforms to express their politcal beliefs, due to the fact that no one will listen to their nonsensicle ramblings anywhere else, I wish to see this forum stay politic-free, as there are plenty of other places to spout rhetoric besides a haven where we can just discuss the pepper.

As for my profession, you're lukewarm. Ahhh, this is fun.

DEFCON Creator said:
Actually, I'm saying that because current bashers seem to need more and more platforms to express their politcal beliefs, due to the fact that no one will listen to their nonsensicle ramblings anywhere else, I wish to see this forum stay politic-free, as there are plenty of other places to spout rhetoric besides a haven where we can just discuss the pepper.

As for my profession, you're lukewarm. Ahhh, this is fun.

So, if not here, then where do you talk politics??? I'm thinking you'd make a great opponent in the right forum; politically speaking that is. But we'll leave that for the other venue.

You're a Fibbie? I'm thinking that for sure you are a retired serviceman... Let me guess, marines? So maybe what you are is a Commissionnaire?

I discuss politics in person only. Many are tired from the constant barrage of mindless political banter that has all but taken over nearly everywhere. If you wish to discuss politics, please go to one of the many mindless posting/chat forums that exist for the sole reason to let the people who lost the election whine about how horrible it is, and blame the current administration for everything. Let them whine, perhaps they'll move too (and this time, take Alec Baldwin with you).

Anyway, retired? At 40? Nope, try again. Here's a subtle hint...Some of my work is done underwater.

Back