event Bowers' Chili Pepper Food Festival 2012!

Made it today... met Joe but didnt get to the park. Picked enough pepper for the time being but will return when the bhuts ripen. Must have been thousands of unripe pods.

Got a call and needed to split with the quickness. Wound up with 5lbs of Scorpions, 3 Lbs of Bonnets, 10 lbs of mixed Jalapenos and a bunch of mixed stuff I wanted to try like wild Brazil, Burkina Yellow and a few others.

Wife hit the sweets and some tomatos, a few gords and some other stuff we haven`t sorted yet. Good time overall!

Joe hooked me up with some of his pods... a few peach bhuts and a purple bhut for seeds. Joe if ya read this, sorry I didn`t get back to see you again!

I sure wish this event was closer and I could make it! It's a 10 hr drive one way. It sounds EXCELLENT. I'm having fun following it for sure. :)

Chris

Made it today... met Joe but didnt get to the park. Picked enough pepper for the time being but will return when the bhuts ripen. Must have been thousands of unripe pods.

Got a call and needed to split with the quickness. Wound up with 5lbs of Scorpions, 3 Lbs of Bonnets, 10 lbs of mixed Jalapenos and a bunch of mixed stuff I wanted to try like wild Brazil, Burkina Yellow and a few others.

Wife hit the sweets and some tomatos, a few gords and some other stuff we haven`t sorted yet. Good time overall!

Joe hooked me up with some of his pods... a few peach bhuts and a purple bhut for seeds. Joe if ya read this, sorry I didn`t get back to see you again!
he gave me some peach bhuts and purple bhuts tooo you might of seen me i was the kid with the pink mohawk

As always great festival!! For anyone that didnt make it this year... start planning for next year! Friday is slower and more enjoyable in the way that there is more time to chit chat and b.s., but for sales over at the festival saturdays are def. better. I controlled myself and was only picking at the field once this year.. I did end up with 32lbs of scorpion/moruga/brain strains.

Thanks again Justaguy for scoopin at the festival so I could get into the fields before the sun came down to badly (and get out of setting up the booth with Johnny)!!!!

Until next year,

xoxox Nicole

Well, the 17[sup]th[/sup] Annual Bowers, PA Chile Pepper Festival is over. I sit here, with sore muscles I didn’t even know I had. Why? Because the turnout on Saturday was AWESOME! Myself and Maggie never even got a chance to blink, and pretty much sold out every product we had. We did this show for the first time last year, and immediately put it on our permanent ‘to do’ calendar. This year’s results confirmed our decision.

Friday was nice. A pretty good turnout, if not a tad larger than last year. One of the best things about this show is the attitude of the people. Everyone is in a good mood. Yeah, of course you get your occasional know-it-all numb-nut, but the other 99.9999% of the people are fantastic. Best part is, everyone has a sense of humor, and it was great busting on the masses for two days, as they busyted back. Life is good. Anyway, Friday ended, and we set off home. Thank God we live only about 1.5 hours away from the show, because we had to restock! We hit some major rainstorm bands on the ride home, but made it back without incident.

Saturday morning, we turned on the weather, and saw a huge storm heading east. It was supposed to hit in the afternoon sometime, and the attendees did their homework, as they showed up early. After about 11am, we never stopped. The masses were far larger than last year, and all of our products were flying out of our booth quicker than spit. It really was amazing. Well, it was about 3pm (I think, as I never had a chance to look at my watch, lol) and the impending clouds of doom began their final approach. We packed up our stuff quicker than a Bedouin camp, and were completely packed mere minutes before the sky opened up.

We helped a couple of our friends at Roid-Rippin and Cajun Heat pack their stuff up during the downpour, and shortly after headed home, with a truck devoid of product. If you have never been to this show, put it on your calendar, it is one of the best by far. See you all in Bowers, PA next year!

Everyone there was super nice except one vendor... I was dying from that defcon extract(woohoo!!! Clean heat that comes on subtly, I think I'm going to invest in a jar of that next batch he makes :D) and needed a piece of bread or something to get rid of the hot poker feeling and this guy laid into me for taking a tiny slice of bread from his tasting tray "Without asking" even though I was red like a turnip, dripping with sweat and having a hard time talking. Like I really wanted him touching the bread with his grimy looking fingers because he had no utensils to pick it up. Should have really remembered his name. He was mid sentence with a customer and stopped talking to call me rude and yell at me. It wasn't like I sneezed on my hand then dug around in his bread bowl with my fist. Everyone else was pleasant as could be and willing to give discounts on their products... Guess that guy was having a bad day.
Definitely coming back next year with more money and time ^_^

We had a blast our first time as vendors there. It was great seeing old buddies and meeting some new fans!

381212_4065672474418_1604584094_n.jpg

Bowers was awesome! Great crowd, good weather up until Saturday afternoon, and what a fantastic area. I spent several more days bumming around the area and everyone I met in PA was great. I think Wicked Cactus will have to be back next year - and I didn't even make it out to the fields!

I will be speding way more time at this event next year!!! I left at about 2 pm to get to my buddies property. I rode out to the fields and just started running and looking, I did bring some of my superhots to hand out but forgot all about them.....lol. I purchased a few sauces including a wicked cactus product, red hawk, and def con and some varios mustards for the kids and wife. I met some very enthusiastic people there, and to think a few months ago I thought that I was the only guy that talked about peppers around my neck of the woods.

A little side story: We got to my buddies camper property, set up camp and cracked open a few octoberfests during the rain. The rain subsided and another couple came to the campsite, another friend of mine and his new girlfriend. My wife and one friends wife went grocery shopping and the other two guys were walking around showing off his new lot, so that left the kids playing around and me left this toms new girl. She was donwing the sam adams and she must have found the bag of peppers in my cooler. So I told her they were real and warned her. I guess her curiosity[or beer?] got to her and I was tending the fire and looked up and was just about to take a bite of one of my bhuts, she took about one third before I could say anything. I screamed at her to spit it out " Kris that thing will melt your face" "Its not that hot" she replied. So she takes another bite and with about 3/4 of down I warned her again " I like spicy food" she mutters. Okay give it 45 seconds.......and what ensued was complete mayhem for a half hour as you can all imagine. I felt bad but what could I do, she accused me of injecting them with drugs. I would never trick anybody with a pepper like these after eating them myself.

I grilled up some chicken breasts later over the oen fire, toasted myself some hoagie rolls and smathered on some redhawk trinidad scorpion sting sauce, along with some nice grilled corn on the cob!!!!!!! Great stuff redtail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEe ya next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I will be speding way more time at this event next year!!! I left at about 2 pm to get to my buddies property. I rode out to the fields and just started running and looking, I did bring some of my superhots to hand out but forgot all about them.....lol. I purchased a few sauces including a wicked cactus product, red hawk, and def con and some varios mustards for the kids and wife. I met some very enthusiastic people there, and to think a few months ago I thought that I was the only guy that talked about peppers around my neck of the woods.

A little side story: We got to my buddies camper property, set up camp and cracked open a few octoberfests during the rain. The rain subsided and another couple came to the campsite, another friend of mine and his new girlfriend. My wife and one friends wife went grocery shopping and the other two guys were walking around showing off his new lot, so that left the kids playing around and me left this toms new girl. She was donwing the sam adams and she must have found the bag of peppers in my cooler. So I told her they were real and warned her. I guess her curiosity[or beer?] got to her and I was tending the fire and looked up and was just about to take a bite of one of my bhuts, she took about one third before I could say anything. I screamed at her to spit it out " Kris that thing will melt your face" "Its not that hot" she replied. So she takes another bite and with about 3/4 of down I warned her again " I like spicy food" she mutters. Okay give it 45 seconds.......and what ensued was complete mayhem for a half hour as you can all imagine. I felt bad but what could I do, she accused me of injecting them with drugs. I would never trick anybody with a pepper like these after eating them myself.

I grilled up some chicken breasts later over the oen fire, toasted myself some hoagie rolls and smathered on some redhawk trinidad scorpion sting sauce, along with some nice grilled corn on the cob!!!!!!! Great stuff redtail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEe ya next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
hahahahahahahahaha great story she will know to listen next time

Ok, guys...and gals,.... it sounds like y'all had a great time and 4B's story of the chick with the bhut is a great one. TylerDodd....sweet....thanks for wearing a great shirt.

The rest of y'all... WHERE DA PICS?!?!???

SERIOUSLY!!!! I'm checking in here looking for our sister festival of THP members....... Hopefully y'all are just in the delay-posting from travel lag tha affected all of us yesterday. :cheers:

picspicspicspicspicspics

Oh my gosh! You all sound like you had an AWESOME time!!!! :dance:

And came home with a great bounty of treats treasures!
Loooooove hearing about the peeps, the stories, and what you're doing with all those freshies!!!!

And like SL said - post dem pics when ya can! Glad you're all home safe and sound! :D

Yeah, pics would be nice. Here's a few I took, mostly on Friday, before the Gates of Hell unleashed the bipedal wave assaults upon us. I got a good amount of pictures last year, but this year was f**king insane with the crowds (in a good way, of course). If anyone has any of myself and Maggie, I'd love to see them, as I'm just going from memory right now, lol.
Bowers201213.jpg

Bowers201212.jpg

Bowers201210.jpg

Bowers20127.jpg

Bowers5.jpg

Back