event Bowers' Chili Pepper Food Festival 2012!

Smart azz. :rofl: He said he is going to be climbing in for peppers too. Do I have flooding to look forward to on the trip up?

Well, let's see. The sun isn't up yet while I type this post. Had ramen soup for dinner last night because it was too late to eat anything else, as the labels came in for our newest product, and myself and Maggie had a labeling party that took longer than expected. Right now, I'm in the middle of printing new price lists. The truck is loaded to the gills, awaiting departure. The Createss will be arising from her slumber in a short while.

What is this all about you ask? Well, it's just another day in the life of an intrepid hot sauce manufacturer. We're heading out in about an hour. Stop on by, we got the NEW product were unveiling all ready to go.

Wishing everyone a fantastic time this weekend!!!! We'll be thinkin' of ya! :)

Thanks again to Seth & Brian for hookin' us up with such glorious chiles!!!!!!

You guys ROCK!!!!

So jealous here! I was planning on going, then given various circumstances recently decided it was best not to. However, have still been arguing with myself - just get in the car and go! But I ended up getting sick the other day and am still fighting it - no chance now of a last-minute "what the hey" spur-of-the-moment road trip. Hope you guys are having and will have a great time while there!

Got delayed by 1 day me hopes... daughter went into labor, well we know its false labor now. She is due any time sooooo.........

Woooo! It was pretty cool... Was fun to meet just a guy and his son!(dude grows some delicious peppers!) Aji joe too! Defcon doesn't joke around... That hab extract was delicious and out of this world hot! If defcon used jag's new savina cross it would make an out of this world extract!!! You guys should get together, no joke!!!
Sorry we didn't get to spend a lot of time talking with everyone and didn't get to say bye... We had to go find food after the douglah started moving through us then I got destroyed by defcon :D I asked for it though. We decided to go to Philly for cheese steaks for lunch(found dry ice at an ice cream shop in Allentown(no minimum and $1.50 a lb). Chilled the peppers nicely, frozen by the time we got back, and froze a cheese steak solid for later use when I can cut up some of these peppers!
Totally making some BBQ sauce on Sunday with ingredients from the festival :)
It's quite an experience and worth a drive!

Well, day two is upon us. Getting ready to reload the Defcon Urban Assault Vehicle for yet another excursion into awesomeness. It was great meeting some of you yesterday. It really is a fantastic event, and we're totally looking forward to doing it again today. Our newest product,the "Cluckwing Orange" was major hit yesterday, and will be available on the website in the next day or two. I've attached a pic for your enjoyment. If any of you are planning on attending, have a safe trip. See you all in about 3 hours.
FINAL.jpg

I had a blast there picking, eating, and talking with everyone. It was nice to see Justaguy and Sethsquatch Defcon Creator and Creatress, Steve and Lisa Seabury, Cajohn, Deano, Buddah, Dan and Steph from Red Hawk Peppers, Johnny and Nicole from HBD's, Mike from Wicked Cactus, Aji Joe and whoever else I am forgetting again. It was also nice to meet Fremp and The Scoville Kid. Those fields were awesome weren't they? I picked about 10lbs including some surprises like Jonahs, Primos, Mourugas, Brain Strain, and Butch T. I then ate something before trying Defcon's newest addition the DM MKIV, which I will be reviewing, but can tell you it is so good you can eat it straight on wings. Then Cajohn had something up his sleeve of course, the Reaper a little 2oz bottle of pain. Pretty much a puree of the new and controversial Carolina Reaper. I'll let the arguing for others in other threads. I'll just say it is hot. I will post pics of my haul sometime soon. I won't be able to make it today as I am going to a little guy's soccer game. I hope everyone there today has a great day and gets out before the storms get there.

I picked up some good stuff. Tried the Reaper which lit me up nicely. Dropped money at HBD, Defcon, CaJohns, and a few others. I really dug the new sauce Defcon cooked up. It was scorpion based but turned in a way I can't quite describe yet. Delicious and unique. Also got to try the new sauce from High River. Coming soon. It was also delicious but had a sweeter slant to it. Some really unique stuff happening out there with the scorpions this year.

It was good to see Jay T, and Johnny, Justaguy, Dan, and many others. Unfortunately my 3 year old was not super compliant so we didn't hit the fields this year. Good thing I have a field in my backyard! Oh, but Miles did eat a spicy cookie. Loved it and then "Ouch!" hahahhah. Then he wanted more. It has begun...

Back