• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brain Strain pain

I don't have the Scorpion-BT but I have a Brain Strain and a Douglah growing this year.

Can't wait to share them with a couple of friends that are up for the challenge. :mouthonfire:

Good to know POTAWIE accepted the BS pods. Lets see what he says after trying them out.

Bleash

Does anyone know where the Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend comes from? I've read it's a cross but can't find any information on the parents. Others seem to think it isn't a cross. There doesn't really seem to be any good information anywhere.

The reason I ask is because my Trinidad Scorpion Moruga pods look exactly like Brain Strain pods.

Yea they are very similiar looking as I grew both side by side 2 years ago and had to stop growing the Morouga Blend because of that. It all goes back to POTAWIE's point about Trinidad varieties all being hybrids and crosses of each other. The one difference between the Brain Strain 7 Pod and the Scorpion Morouga Blend was the amount of placenta and oils on the inside, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. We have discussed it before on this forum about how much these two peppers resemble each other, cmpman1974 can chime in on this too.

Yea they are very similiar looking as I grew both side by side 2 years ago and had to stop growing the Morouga Blend because of that. It all goes back to POTAWIE's point about Trinidad varieties all being hybrids and crosses of each other. The one difference between the Brain Strain 7 Pod and the Scorpion Morouga Blend was the amount of placenta and oils on the inside, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. We have discussed it before on this forum about how much these two peppers resemble each other, cmpman1974 can chime in on this too.

Do you have a link for a good focused discussion on brainstrain vs. morouga? Do they come from the same source and the brainstrain is just a variation preserved and perfected so to speak? From what I can gather brainstrain comes from "TrinniHottie" via "Bowhunter."

It is on here somewhere I just looked but the search function doesn't seemd to pick up some older threads? Yes mine came from bowhunter who received from TriniHottie in 2007, don't know where the lineage of the Scorpion Morouga Blend. It is like two twins seperated at birth and finding each other later in life. :rolleyes:

Ok, thanks. That's about what I figured.

didn't i put one in there mike? i've got neils butch , judys butch and a butch from another source and all 3 are the same. they grow the same , thpods look the same and they taste like gunpowder. i'll get a few to you in the next box Mike. i thought i put one in there last time.

OK , i was looking for a follow-up. POTAWIE was kind enough to redirect me to the other thread that had the results ty. if anyone else is interested it is http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23393-brain-strain-vs-butch-t/

Back