Brain Strain Sauce 10+/10 heat scale

Thanks all for the great reviews. I am starting a new and fair pricing policy for everybody, $15 a woozie no exceptions. That is $25 delivered for one, $40 delivered for two, $55 delivered for 3 and so on including shipping 2-3 day prioity mail US. Overseas orders I have found I can ship $15 first class air mail. I hope this simplifies things, woozies going fast so get em' while they last. Thank you all for your continued support. -Brain Strain sales dept.

we picked up our bottles yesterday and promptly dug in!

This is the first really good mash sauce we've ever tasted. The mash smell with the vinegar and salt is great, and it has a very fresh flavor...then the heat hits. :mouthonfire:

We ate about a quarter of the bottle yesterday on pizza and crackers and cheese.

Great Product, Cappy!

SalsaDude posted this under another topic today. I went to work and left the computer logged in and he decided to shout out to snacksandsuch and a few others.

I'm forwarding this section of the original post to here. SL

Original post by SalsaDude-

"This is for Cappy the Brain Strain well as I have officially retired from the Lab as her fav test subject I was curious about the mash so here are my thoughts on it ( not a review as I am not qualified in mash based products.

First off the product in the bottle is an incredible color the red is just eye popping and begs you to try it.The smell is like no other sauce out there,one has to keep in mind this is a mash.The first whiff and you get that sour smell, then a different fragrance is lurking in the back BURBON yeah baby.The consistency of the sauce is thick,yet it separates very easily so as with any sauce a good shake is needed and probably more with this style.Taste....well the first thing you get is salt but it goes away fast then a little hint of sour and the ....wait for it Burbon really goes well with the sour mash, then pepper, pepper, and the heat a slow builder and a good burn yeah its hot.

So to summerize a very uniqe sauce that offers a lot I mean a lot of flavour with out the heat taking over the sauce. my tests we done stright, I did put some in some beef stew and brought a lot more flavour to the table.My first experiance with a mash based sauce was good.I recomend this."

hey folks, I was confused about the extracts and maybe a few others are also.

Cappy clarified it for me. He did not use PureCap or one of the other commercially made capsaisin extracts which are usually responsible for the chemically flavor in extract sauces. He used his own "extract" made with superhots and alcohol (not rubbing alcohol...duh~). It's more a "de-alcoholed infusion" than what I think of when I think of traditional "extract".

But anyway, hope this helps. Maybe some, who are like CharlesNYC and steer clear of extract sauces, will reconsider the Brain Strain.
SL

Got mine yesterday. I'm no aficianado by any stretch of the imagination. Had a 1/4 teaspoon and loved the flavor, it was damn hot :mouthonfire: . But I wasn't rolling on the floor crying or hollering for ice cream. Looking forward to trying it on some food today. Definately will be interested in the next batch Cappy.

Hey guys thanks for all the comments, enjoyed reading them and the feedback is what I was hoping for and glad ya'll enjoying my hot sauce. I should have enough for 3 different runs of hot sauce this year with the fermentation crock full and the freezer full. Just got back from my graphic designer guy and having him design a long sleeve brain strain t-shirt just can't wait. Batch #2 will be cooked up in about another month and still have some woozies left of Brain Strain first edition if anybody missed out. Sorry about the $10.70 shipping charge but there really isn't any better way to send hot sauce through the mail as everything is on time so far. I am moving a lot more hot sauce locally and would like you guys to have a chance so $25 $20 paypal will get you a woozie bottle and an extra label delivered to your home. PM for details thanks again.
brain-strain-final-label2.jpg

I may have to buy another bottle. I gave one to my sister and mine is half way gone, this stuff is delicious.

Just bought some of this fine stuff from Cappy and received it yesterday. It was well shipped in bubble wrap and plenty of foam peanuts. Tried some on my eggs this morning and it is very tasty. Not even a hint of extract flavor and you would not have guessed if he hadn't volunteered the info. Not anywhere near as hot as a raw "Brain Strain" but much more flavor, the bulk of flavor probably coming from the mash. Certainly well balanced and not to vinegary. Enough heat to keep most people happy, but it won't knock your head off if you're used to eating fresh superhots. It's probably way too hot for the uninitiated though. Nice pleasant afterburn that lingers and then fades slowly. It's meant to be used as a condiment (presumably) and fulfills that role well. I imagine it would be great on tacos (hot tacos!), tuna, mac & cheese and plenty of other stuff. It was fantastic on my scrambled eggs and I look forward to trying it on different meals. Well done Cappy!

I may have to buy another bottle. I gave one to my sister and mine is half way gone, this stuff is delicious.
But does is it actually live up to the 10+/10 heat scale as advertised? No offense to you RPF, but I couldn't get my 7pod sauces hot enough and I have yet to find a sauce that tastes good and hot enough for my liking.

96redformula sending a single woozie bottle it costs more in shipping than the cost for the sauce. I prefer to send out a couple woozie per order to save on the per woozie costs please. $10 per woozie and $10 for the medium flat rate box up to six woozies. Thank you. Pepp3rFreak I think you should ask somebody who has already tried the sauce and get a feel for flavor vs. heat, it is a pepper mash based sauce with some added extract heat. Try it I think you'll like it.

standard 5 fl. oz. woozies...

I think I might grab several bottles in a couple weeks. Will you have a good amount of stock at that point?

I eat superhot type stuff all the time. I love Cajohn's Jolokia 10, and stuff of that type of heat and a little bit hotter for daily usage. NMSU Jolokia 10 pure powerder is 1/2 way done, the older larger size they used to sell. I think the brain strain might be just right.

i too got a couple of bottles from cappy and thought it was wonderful. great color, consistency and taste. i initially was worried about the extract making it too hot or making the sauce taste like extract. this was not the case - the flavor of the brain strains came through like a champion - with a hint of vinegar. i thought that the heat was well balanced with the flavor - not so hot that you can't use it as a sauce. i'm no hot sauce expert, and don't like overwhelming heat, but i thought this was an outstanding effort.

Just got back from the kitchen and have the next batch of Brain Strain fermented pepper mash hot sauce all bottled up and ready to go. Considering all the positive feedback I received concerning heat, taste, and consistency I used the exact same recipe except a black label bourbon was used instead of a green label. The sauces are identical and impossible to tell any difference between the two, so please order with confidence. Woozies are $10 per bottle plus shipping. Thank you. :onfire:
IMG_4793.jpg

You've certainly caught my eye, what is the full list of ingredients? Or is it simply a purée with.brain strain & vinegar? Do you ship to Australia or would you consider shipping here?

See the first post :)

"Ingredients in decending order are superhot chiles, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper extract, bourbon, spices"

Back