• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Brainstrain?

This i originally thought was a moruga but when i brought the plants i have growing only one was a yellow which was the brainstrain. I picked it still green a few days ago and put it next to a banana and within 2 or 3days it looks like this. So can anyone confirm this is a brainstrain?
Cheers guys

20130930_093006_zpsfb5fff4b.jpg

Yellow brain strain,

Yellow Moruga Scorpion.

The colours in the photos look very different, but they aren`t that different in reality. The Yellow Brain strains I`ve had have been more bumpy than the Yellow morugas and slightly less orangeish yellow. I do not think that is diganostic, though. It`s often very hard to tell Brain Strains from Morugas. 

my yellow BS are bumpier and there not as glossy as those, im a little doubtful its a Yellow BSand im with Nigel that it may be yellow moruga, i think this may be a common mistake that is made between the two, and an easy one to make

i have two types of yellow moruga,one looks alot like the yellow BS and another looks much like yours,
so i suppose you can imagine if a mistake could be made this is more likly where it would be made

i would say you have a Yellow Moruga there still an awesome pepper

thanks your friend Joe

These are my yellow brains. Seeds from pepperlover. They do look a little bumpier than yours, but this pic was earlier in the season. The later season ones have smoothed out a little and closely resemble your pic.

As usual, they are very hard to tell apart.

20130804_091207.jpg

Jeff H said:
These are my yellow brains. Seeds from pepperlover. They do look a little bumpier than yours, but this pic was earlier in the season. The later season ones have smoothed out a little and closely resemble your pic.

As usual, they are very hard to tell apart.

20130804_091207.jpg
GOOD PIC >> on closer inspection yes they are Yellow B.S. and since you got them from such a good vender i have no doubt that they are

thanks your friend Joe

So, how exactly does one tell the Brain Strain from the Moruga?

I have three Moruga plants, and one has pods that definitely looks more 'brainy' than the pods on the other two.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, Ive checked my pepper this morning and its now gone pretty much orange!?!? is that because of the banana its been sat next to? or because its been off the pepper plant for a few days and not kept in the fridge? here are a couple pics agaIn.

20131001_092124_zpsca64e92e.jpg

20131001_092219_zpsa40d95a9.jpg

The pictures dont actually show how orange it is but you can tell the difference to the picture i uploaded yesterday.
Thanks in advance for any more feedback.

Back