• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Brisket Time!

Sweet!! I just bought a new smoker and did a pork shoulder and a rack of spare ribs this weekend. Oooooohh......I forgot how much fun (and work) smoking is!

Chuck thats 3am correct... or I guess I should ask how big they are first? and are they "whole" briskets with the point?

DD: Shoulder and ribs are a great way to break it in 🤤 its not work when there is beer in the hand and a bud to talk to or a bud to .... well you get the picture

This sucks. I can't even get a smoker now because the new managment of my apartment complex won't allow any grilles or smokers within(get this) 35 feet of the buildings. They told me i can store my small-ass grille on the patio, but if i fire it up it has to be out in the f**king parking lot.
So, guys, have some brisket for me, ok?

Sickmont do you have a good exhaust fan in your apartment in the cooking area if so get a in door smoke pan for the stove they work on small portion

Dan

LET IT BURN

LUCKYDOG said:
Chuck thats 3am correct... or I guess I should ask how big they are first? and are they "whole" briskets with the point?

DD: Shoulder and ribs are a great way to break it in 🤤 its not work when there is beer in the hand and a bud to talk to or a bud to .... well you get the picture

3 pm! I usually smoke 'em about 22 hours. This way they'll be ready when folks show up at 5pm. Actually I got 'em on at 4:30 and I'm gonna take 'em off in a couple hours. Then do some sausage...all in the rain! I have the smoker partially under a pop up canopy. We're getting a ridiculous amount of rain this year.

I think they are whole briskets....'point" and "flat" together. They are the big "Packer Style" ones...about 2 feet long. I'm not an expert on cuts of meat...I just throw it on the smoker!

Chuck that sounds about right for a whole --- How did they come out??
DD: how did your ribs and brisket turn out?

Once you get a few brisket under your belt that is enough confidence to cook anything and get bigger pants:D

Sickmont said:
This sucks. I can't even get a smoker now because the new managment of my apartment complex won't allow any grilles or smokers within(get this) 35 feet of the buildings. They told me i can store my small-ass grille on the patio, but if i fire it up it has to be out in the f**king parking lot.
So, guys, have some brisket for me, ok?

Hey thats what we do ...We fire up the grill and the smoker out in the parking of my apartment complex. I get everyone drooling and then I dont share....lol....well sometimes I do...only if the ask really nice! LMAO

chuk hell said:
3 pm! I usually smoke 'em about 22 hours. This way they'll be ready when folks show up at 5pm. Actually I got 'em on at 4:30 and I'm gonna take 'em off in a couple hours. Then do some sausage...all in the rain! I have the smoker partially under a pop up canopy. We're getting a ridiculous amount of rain this year.

I think they are whole briskets....'point" and "flat" together. They are the big "Packer Style" ones...about 2 feet long. I'm not an expert on cuts of meat...I just throw it on the smoker!

Now ya got me drooling!!!!!! LOL...Hey send some of that rain our way! We (in Ohio) are having a drought....it rains here and there but not enough!!!!

Dyce51 said:
Hey thats what we do ...We fire up the grill and the smoker out in the parking of my apartment complex.

I guess the good part of that is i'd get to sit in my air conditioned car listening to some tunes while i'm cooking/smoking/drinking, etc.

Dyce51 said:
I get everyone drooling and then I dont share....lol....well sometimes I do...only if the ask really nice! LMAO

Hmmm....that gives me an evil idea....there are some serious hotties living around here....heh heh heh heh

Back