• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrooksideSuperhots GLOG 2017

This is a little late but I hope to update once a week.  I started seeds a month ago and have several that have sprouted.  Pics are grow details are on the way.  Going mostly for chocolate, peach and mustard varieties this year.  Here's my list so far:

Chocolate Moruga x2 (OW)
7 Pod Brown (OW)
Chocolate Brain Strain (OW)
CPR (Butch T)
CPR (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Lava (Duffy)
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Primo (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate BBG7 (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Scorpion (Duffy)
7 Pot Douglah (White Hot Peppers)
7 Pot Gigantic SR Chocolate (Wicked Mike)
Big Black Mama
CP115
Chocolate Ghost x Jalapeno

Peach Ghost (Wicked Mike)
Peach Naga BBG7 (Duffy)
JPGS (White Hot Peppers)
MRM x 7 pot Brown Peachy x2 (Duffy)
MOA Scotch Bonnet CARDI x2 (Juanitos)
Bahamian Goat x2 (Moruga Welder)
Scotch Brain x2 (Juanitos)

Mustard Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Big Mustard Mama (Duffy)
Bhutlah Black X (White Hot Peppers)

Reaper (my strain - originally Puckerbutt)
Primo "X"
Primo x JPGS x2 (White Hot Peppers)
Ancaster Red Hab
El Jefe Jalapeno x2
BBG7 Large (OW)
Red Brainstrain (White Hot Peppers)
Primo x Butch t f5 (my stabilization project)

Black Scorpion Tongue (THSC)
Chilli Costa Rica Orange (THSC).

Cheers and happy grow season. 

As advised...white sheet to cut the rays a bit
501c3cc562c968f967dd82be9bd5eeed.jpg
96030f4ecd3ea1e993cd01de41b8ed50.jpg

Devv said:
Looking good! I want one! ;)

Have you tied it down so it doesn't go kite on ya? It sure would here with the winds we get.
It is tied down with heavy duty tent pegs and is behind the garage so it's very sheltered from the wind. We rarely get gusts back there. I plan on getting some cinder blocks for the inside also

Bhuter said:
Very nice, Brandon! They're gonna be so happy in there. You did a great job in no time! And your plants look fantastic! Are you gonna put a floor of some kind down? Just wondering about the grass growing.
I'm leaving the grass as it's only up until May then I'll mow it back down.

You know you have a real problem when you step back in your greenhouse to look at all your plants (~60) and think, "this is all I grew?!?".  I was sure I had more varieties but I think being on this site for years has affected my brain and I have lost control over my ability to grow a tasteful amount of pepper plants lol.

Bhuter said:
Oh nice! I wasn't sure if you were gonna grow in there all season or not. It's gonna make hardening off a heck of a lot easier. Jealous over here. Great job!
Thanks man!  I only had a few wilt on me but a little drink perked them right up.  I think that because of the 1000 watt LED in the closet all winter, they were used to the heat.  Even after catching some good rays the leaves were not scorched at all.  Pretty happy with my setup.  Went down to 45 last night but as long as is doesn't get colder than that and there's no frost, I don't care - they're staying out.  Will throw a space heater in if there's a frost warning :dance:

they'll grow like a weed in there . The sun is what the doctor ordered ,  let some wind in to keep the temp in ck. and to hit the plants so they'll be acclimated to it when their out .  The L.e.d.'s most definitely keep them stocky and much more ready for the sun . 

Your doing great !  Just be sure its anchored really good , thats why a good heavy floor is great , defiantly don't want to come home to it upside down and plants strewn all over . 

moruga welder said:
they'll grow like a weed in there . The sun is what the doctor ordered ,  let some wind in to keep the temp in ck. and to hit the plants so they'll be acclimated to it when their out .  The L.e.d.'s most definitely keep them stocky and much more ready for the sun . 

Your doing great !  Just be sure its anchored really good , thats why a good heavy floor is great , defiantly don't want to come home to it upside down and plants strewn all over . 
Question for you Frank - after a few weeks with the white sheet I can take it out and give them full sun (sunlight through the plastic material) and then after two weeks of that they can handle direct sunlight outside? Or do you gently and gradually give them direct sunlight?

BSH said:
Question for you Frank - after a few weeks with the white sheet I can take it out and give them full sun (sunlight through the plastic material) and then after two weeks of that they can handle direct sunlight outside? Or do you gently and gradually give them direct sunlight?
i'll remove it after 2 weeks , if you want ease them after 2 weeks drop for a couple of hrs. for a week , they'll be ready to rock , make sure their getting wind ,

All upsized to 1 gallon pots and the OWs catching some rays. Put more dirt in the Naga bbg7 peach and most of the roots looked like this... definitely time to go to a bigger pot. Next year - going to have only 2 pot size increases...so much work and unnecessary stress on the plant.
7df232b485e5ba7fcd791ca86f4b0727.jpg
258096ec0a39d6f6a5413f48d8b404d2.jpg
c0fa49a28c7cb19de31af0ea1304cd42.jpg
32bf97fdd914d000bed253a301d56939.jpg
02c57e104d2bad02a466daceb765a892.jpg

Back