• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bubblegum 7 ??????? Bjarne's

Purchased seeds as bubblegum 7 from Bjarne's

Bubblegum7 001.jpg

Bubblegum7 008.jpg

John Harper the creator of that variety.
Denniz has the right phenotype. You want to see the calyx cover a large part of the base and onto the shoulder. Will look(calyx) very different then your other variety buds/pods. I'm growing the true phenotype and the off-phenotype(looks more like father moruga), with the calyx looking normal. F2 are still putting out some of the off-type. Seeds I pulled from one true bubblegum pod last season had a 60% of growing true. Have to roll the dice if your growing this variety this season. Different variations in pod shape on the true phenotypes this season tho. Kind of cool to see. End the end if the calyx and stem bleed red when ripening then you have the correct phenotype. :)

standbyandfire said:
John Harper the creator of that variety.
Denniz has the right phenotype. You want to see the calyx cover a large part of the base and onto the shoulder. Will look(calyx) very different then your other variety buds/pods. I'm growing the true phenotype and the off-phenotype(looks more like father moruga), with the calyx looking normal. F2 are still putting out some of the off-type. Seeds I pulled from one true bubblegum pod last season had a 60% of growing true. Have to roll the dice if your growing this variety this season. Different variations in pod shape on the true phenotypes this season tho. Kind of cool to see. End the end if the calyx and stem bleed red when ripening then you have the correct phenotype. :)
Agreed! Red bleeding up the calyx and stem is the correct pheno, regardless of pod shape. I have a couple plants, first one setting has the crazy calyces. Hoping for the bleeding red! Have any picts of the variances in pod shapes on your F2s?

armac said:
several months ago I asked a former member here about the bubblegum and i got some big 'top secret' spiel. Now I guess the secret is out, or maybe the 'top secret' ploy did not work out.

share seeds and knowledge, it makes the hobby better.
I kind of like a little mystery in the new genetics early on and among a few it makes certain varieties worth waiting for .... To me its completely different to over hyping something and trying to make it some big mystery

From the few photo's that there is, the calyx really stands out as being quite different from other pepper pods, I love the way the red bleeds into the calyx I wonder just how hot it is and how it taste.  I don't care about mystery or hype, just so long as the truth of the pepper's back grown , flavor and heat is revealed once the seeds are stable and being sent out , so people don't end up with a pepper that know one knows anything about, like my "Super Scorps" where there is little to no info about it. 

Back