• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bubblegum 7s

Im finally getting proper pods on my bubblegum 7 plant :)

12e000fe.jpg

b6075d1a.jpg

I picked all the baby pods off this morning

2650562e.jpg

I've not tried many fresh pods before,it smells strong,it doesn't taste like bubblegum,I only tried a small slice.

I think it's a very strange claim that they do taste like bubblegum.!!

I thought the only unique thing about the pepper was the colouring of the cap and stork.

The calyx' look kind of non C. chinense. Maybe an intra-species hybrid/cross? or maybe its just because the pods are so small

The baby pods are about the size of a human finger Nail and have a smell smilar to other chinense I have growing.
I don't really know any thing about calyx of other species so maybe you right.

The seeds did come from chilli pepper Peter so they should grow true?but with them been 1st year hybrids you never know what's going to happen

So they are f1 hybrids? If so, they will all grow the samebut f2s will all be different

What would your opinion be on,The biggest generation stability % jump, would come with which year.Over let's say 8 generations?
Statisticly speaking of course ;)

Pods we saw last year were f1s. I can't see them re-crossing the same plants to get more f1s when they could find even better f2s. You likely got seeds from an f1 which would make yours f2s. At least thats what makes sense to me.
Pods will be least stable in f2 stage and will show all kinds of recessive traits. This is the stage where you need to grow as many plants as possible in order to find the best possible cross and continue this until stable

With the top cap turned red, they look so strange.
If left on the plant, wonder how far up the red would spread.
Thank for sharing! Totally cool looking.
GA GH

Back