• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bubblegums not red.

I have a bubblegum plant that produces large pods, but the calyx is green. It's still oversized and impossible to mistake for anything else but a bubblegum, it's just that it isn't red. The pods aren't fully ripe yet and were started when the plant had an issue with broad mites. Would this be causing it to remain green?

cruzzfish said:
I have a bubblegum plant that produces large pods, but the calyx is green. It's still oversized and impossible to mistake for anything else but a bubblegum, it's just that it isn't red. The pods aren't fully ripe yet and were started when the plant had an issue with broad mites. Would this be causing it to remain green?
you got a pic bro ?      :onfire:

Sometimes the calyx will ripen with or even before the pod but most times it takes a while (at least all of mine have). Many of my red are ripe but I'm still waiting on the calyx to turn before pulling. Same with my chocolate ones. Sometimes it takes forever but mine have always turned

Scorched said:
Sometimes the calyx will ripen with or even before the pod but most times it takes a while (at least all of mine have). Many of my red are ripe but I'm still waiting on the calyx to turn before pulling. Same with my chocolate ones. Sometimes it takes forever but mine have always turned
my reds take forever after pod ripens need  ( sun /heat ) now my chocolates lots of them the calyxes start turning way before they ripen .       :onfire:

None of the calyx turned red on my Bubblegum plant unless I left them on so damned long that the seeds started turning black as well as the inside of the pod turning to brown icky muck. Well, that and apparently a favorite of the stinkbugs in my garden. A major letdown.

Back