• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Buddy's 2014 Grow List - About Done

Intending to start 64 cells this weekend (a couple of weeks late).  Will put 2-3 seeds in each cell and see what happens.  Here's what I think I will start with (number of cells):

7 Pot Barrackpore, Chocolate X 2  (romy6)
7 Pot, Rennie, Brown X 2   (Buckeye Pepper Co.)
Habanero, Huge Twisted Chocolate X 4   (wayright)
Madballz, Chocolate X 2   (wayright)
Trinidad Scorpion, Douglah X 3 (Judy Hamdan)
Trinidad Scorpion, Moruga Chocolate X 3 (Jungle Rain)
Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Scorpion X 1  (Jungle Rain)
Jalapeno, Biker Billy X 2 (Burpee)
Nu-Mex, Lumbre X 1 (Midwest Chile Seeds)
Bahamian Goat Pepper X 2 (Jungle Rain)
Jay's Peach Scorpion X 2  (Buckeye Pepper Co.)
7 Pot, Brainstrain X 3  (Cappy)
7 Pot, Jonah X 3  (Jungle Rain)
7 Pot, Red X 2 (romy6)
7 Pot, Primo X 3  (Primo)
Ancient Sweet X1 (unknown)
7 Pot Primo x TS Butch X 1  (Jungle Rain)
Evil Jonah X 2  (wayright)
Naga Morich X 3  (Judy Hamdan)
Trinidad Scorpion, Moruga Red X 3  (Semillas La Palma)
Scotch Bonnet Cappachino X 2  (PrOdigal_son)
7 Pot, Daisy Cutter X 3  (Buckeye Pepper Co.)
7 Pot, Jonah Yellow X 2  (Jungle Rain)
Scotch Bonnet, Foodarama X 2  (Midwest Chileheads)
Scotch Bonnet, Jamaican MoA X 2 (Jamison)
Surinam 8 X 2 (wayright)
Trinidad Scorpion, Moruga Yellow X 2  (Judy Hamdan)
Yellow Bouquet X 2 (wayright)
Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta de Neyde (Black) X 1  (Jungle Rain)
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate x 7 Pot Jonah X 1 (Jungle Rain)

5/18/2014 Update:  Plants are all in serious distress.  Not sure where I will end up this year.

5/15/2014:  Planted them into 5 gallon containers (46 containers)
5/16/2014:  Snows in the morning (ouch)
5/17/2014:  Wake up to morning frost (ouch)
5/17/2014:  Gets very sunny and virtually every plant is significantly sunburned (ouch)
5/18/2014:  Plants look like crap.  Some lying on their sides.  Here are a few picks of the best and the some of the worst.

The best:
P1040722.JPG

The rest:
P1040728.JPG

P1040747.JPG

P1040750.JPG

P1040757.JPG

P1040760.JPG

P1040767.JPG

P1040768.JPG

They should be some tough chiles if they survive.  Thanks for looking.

Yeah, that snow and frost was wack. I Just planted out today And I most likely will have sunburn because I didnt harden off for more than a few days.

Pulpiteer said:
Ouch, I hope they recover for you. What a bummer. 

GA Growhead said:
A little set back No worries.
They will pick back up in no time!

Pulpiteer said:
Ouch, I hope they recover for you. What a bummer. 
Thanks - hopefully most of them will recover.  Some look pretty darn bad.

GA Growhead said:
A little set back No worries.
They will pick back up in no time!
Thanks.  Today we're supposed to have TStorms with hail - just what I need! 

Damn man!  Plant out,  then it snows, wtf!  Unreal this weather everyone is having.  They'll be tougher than Chuck Norris!

I didn't really like the message in your post, but liked that you shared your experience!  

I have noticed that when my plants get some cold stress, that direct sun can really
hurt them, so I try to shade them for a bit until they get their legs back.  They want
to relax in the hot sun in best condition, so when cold stress is in play they get a
double whammy.  Sort of like heating up a frostbite too fast.

5/26 Update:

Lost 7 so far, at least 5 more still in trouble.  RIP:  Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero X 3, Barrackpore Chocolate X 2, Douglah X 2.

Here are this week's pictures of the ones I posted last week (at least I think that they are the same plants):

P1040794.JPG

P1040816.JPG

Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero = RIP

P1040806.JPG

P1040824.JPG

7 Pot Barrackpore Chocolate = RIP

P1040832.JPG

Thanks for looking

If I have any pods from plants you want, let me know! Still a few months out on some but plenty of others won't be long now. Would love to help you out with fresh stuff since you do so much for others including me! Thai plants can take a nuclear war I think, those oranges should be fine! 

Glad that's all you lost.
Hopefully the others will pull through. Those plants look much better!
I should have a extra choc barrackpore for ya. Haven't gotten to the 7 pots yet, been planting all weekend, but I'm sure I have a plant I can spare out there.
Actually...my overwinter survived, so can definitely spare one to you.
I kept a pheno that had slight red tone inside, and tasted so good, having the best flavors of both colors. Only started seeds of that phenos too.

Pm me your address.

GA Growhead said:
Glad that's all you lost.
Hopefully the others will pull through. Those plants look much better!
I should have a extra choc barrackpore for ya. Haven't gotten to the 7 pots yet, been planting all weekend, but I'm sure I have a plant I can spare out there.
Actually...my overwinter survived, so can definitely spare one to you.
I kept a pheno that had slight red tone inside, and tasted so good, having the best flavors of both colors. Only started seeds of that phenos too.
Pm me your address.
That's incredibly nice! I already replaced them with some varieties from the local greenhouse so I don't need to take advantage of your generous offer. I truly appreciare it! Pepper people are the best.

Sorry for the losses Buddy, hope the survivors will recover!
Love the Orange Thais, they tolerate the cold pretty well in my experience.

Cya

Datil

buddy said:
That's incredibly nice! I already replaced them with some varieties from the local greenhouse so I don't need to take advantage of your generous offer. I truly appreciare it! Pepper people are the best.
I will definitely put you on the list for some pods come time. That one is taste worthy!

Looking fantastic, I found that my plants that got hit the worst are doing the best! Might need to do the old topping the plants for about 1/2 next season. Continued luck!

Back