Budgeting

chicken flavored ramen noodle soup!! by the sounds of your budget.
you can buy alot of these packages, dirt cheap.

tastes good & you can easily make hot/sour soup with them. just add chiles & some other spices/veggies/ meat or shrimp if you have it otherwise its not a must have.

grilled cheese sandwiches.

another soup idea is very simple, not much for a filler but works some.
chicken stock with some spices & green onions with some other veggies you like (example carrots, celery,etc..)

then you can do egg drop soup, which is tasty! simple ingredients - eggs,spices & then add some veggies if ya want like green onions chiles,etc...

Not sure what's available in your grocery stores Elkie but the suggestions for beans, pasta and rice are definitely needed for a small budget. Soup and stews make many meals at a low price. Soup bones are not too expensive here, a package of chicken leg quarters can be used in many ways. That usually comes in a large pack that I divide before freezing. I personally think onions are necessary no matter what the budget, they add flavor to anything, also are good for you. I guess the main idea is to buy the basics and as you can afford it add more. That living on a budget encourages you to get creative to fix meals that are both appealing and nutritious.

Back