• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Buffalo Fried Okra

Has anybody ever tried this?It was pretty tasty,I don't think I'll ever fix it plain again!I used a corn flour instead of cornmeal.I don't like the grainyness of the cornmeal.
pix0424.jpg

thehotpepper.com said:
And it's not tough? Okra is so fibrous, even when you stew it you have to slow cook it for a good while.

Nope, not tough at all unless you harvest it to late. Munching on some right now. :)

QuadShotz said:
Yeah, man...I can dig it.

I got two of these when I found 'em for .99 ea.

S6303878.jpg

Nice find Quad, I didn't know it made it that far north. I prefer the flavor and texture of the white corn meal though and the yellow is more grainy.

Normally it wouldn't....but I shop at a discount foods store that gets foods in from all over the country and even imported stuff.

http://www.groceryoutlet.com/

How does Grocery Outlet get such great deals?

We obtain our merchandise from name brand manufacturers on an opportunistic basis. Simply stated, we buy name brand products for less. When a manufacturer has surplus inventory, they call Grocery Outlet first. This is a “win-win” for the manufacturer and for our customers.

How many Suppliers do we purchase from?

Grocery Outlet signed its first supplier contract with Del Monte in 1971. This contract, and the many that would follow, helped drive the dramatic expansion of its retail locations. Today, Grocery Outlet offers highly efficient channels of distribution and convenient reconditioning, re-labeling and package modification services for more than 2,500 manufacturers, including some of the largest companies in the world. With over 60 years experience, Grocery Outlet has established itself as the largest remarketing grocer in the U.S.

It's an adventure shopping there...you never know what you'll find. Plus, I can find things there that due to demographics, would not ever see the light of day in eastern WA normally. :)

yikes..1,024 x 768 pixels!

Ya might wanna use the thumbnail images as it's breaking the layout for us peeps running 1024x768 resolution. ;)

(share, more options, get link code, IMG for bulletin boards & forums, clickable thumbnail)

QuadShotz said:
Normally it wouldn't....but I shop at a discount foods store that gets foods in from all over the country and even imported stuff.

http://www.groceryoutlet.com/

It's an adventure shopping there...you never know what you'll find. Plus, I can find things there that due to demographics, would not ever see the light of day in eastern WA normally. :)

Sounds like a terrific place to shop. Wish I could find some Pro Mix around here in in a similar garden shop. :cool:

Back