• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Bug Friend or Foe??

2011-06-01_11-56-36_820.jpg

2011-06-01_11-56-13_281.jpg

2011-06-01_11-56-01_83.jpg

Is this a good guy or do I need to kill it? I think I saw someone post one like this before but wasn't 100% sure and couldn't find it.

2011-06-01_11-56-36_820.jpg

2011-06-01_11-56-13_281.jpg

2011-06-01_11-56-01_83.jpg

Is this a good guy or do I need to kill it? I think I saw someone post one like this before but wasn't 100% sure and couldn't find it.

Could be wrong but certain katydids are the only carnivorous species of "grasshopper" I know of. Most of em just eat plants. Just my opinion, but I always smash grasshopper type things when I see them.

+1 a species of Katydid.

Katydids feed on foliage and flowers, but they are generally not plentiful enough to do major damage.

+1 a species of Katydid.

Katydids feed on foliage and flowers, but they are generally not plentiful enough to do major damage.

I did look up katydids up online, but did not see any that resemble this little guy. I am not sure what it is or could be, and if it is good or bad. Still trying to research more.

i think it is a nasty and you should kill it

it looks like it will eat at the growing tips

and it probably has nasty crap in it's turds

:hell:

They will eat impressive sized holes in the middle of your leaves! I left one on top of my basil and that was a big mistake.

It may eat small holes in the leaves, but nothing significant. Just move it or shoo it away if you don't want it there, it won't bite, at least not at that size.

Saw one of these on my plants and was wondering the same thing... huh, interesting. As long as it's just the one, I won't worry about it... but I'll keep an eye on him just to be safe.

Back