• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Bug ID...

I noticed this on a Choco fatali ( I'm not growing these again, bell has more kick.) I am sure they will eat others too though.I have seen the white aphids, have yellow aphids on my milkweed like crazy, but they seem to stay put. The plant has some small like webs, I see a small black bug moving, and it looks like ash from a camp fire mixed in. I have pretty much given up this season, and am going to try a few faster growing varieties in pots away from these. The bacterial leaf spot has just wiped me out, in all my years never has these problems...

010.jpg

Thanks all.

Looks like brown aphids to me buddy. Get some Neem oil on them little boogers and ask the Ladybug Gods to protect you (or just order some).

SS Tupperware,

I have exactly the same infestation as you. I am pretty sure they are aphids. Mine started from the leaves nearest to the ground. All concentrate on the underside of the leaves. I think those aphids that turn black are mature adults and have developed wings. I use to only focus on the young leaf buds and did not notice the infestation until it spread. Now I check all underside of the leaves from those nearest to the ground. I also make sure when I spray I cover every part of the leaves.I treated them with phytherins. It works. But will come back in a few weeks time. Sorry to hear about your lost.

Mark T

Sounds like a mass funeral is in order... I might have a camp fire tonight, and in it goes. i have some others just past help also... I have never had problems like before in all the years growing ...

Back