• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests bug invasion!!

p1010303s.jpg

p1010304s.jpg

what is that?? my whole plant is invaded by this. i have been busy lately. have not see the plants for a week. the last time i found 3 of them and i just squash them. yesterday there were lots and they are doing severe leave damage! i am afraid it might effect my pepper plants too.

please help.

Wow, I have no idea what those are - we don't have those nasty things here. It is unbelievable the amount of damage they are doing, especially for such little things. What ever they are you need to destroy them quickly, or else they will destroy your peppers. Good luck, that is a lot of damage, and I thought the little holes flea beetles chewed were bad.:shocked:

I agree, I would do whatever to get those buggers under control. OMG they are awful. I sure wish I had some answers for you, but I would be finding some sort of spray and quick!

Those might be aphids. A garlic water solution sprayed to the leaves should take care of it. Check the back of the leaves to make sure no more are hiding. If you have a nursery nearby, try purchasing some lady bugs. They prey on aphids and other small pests in your garden. The lady bugs will stay as long as it has food (pests to kill). I grow garlic and green onion in my garden to repel such pests as I refuse to use chemicals. Hope this helps you out.

i found out what they are!!

The 12-spotted ladybird beetles Epilachna indica. Beware of ladybugs! not all of them are friendly.
fig1-2k9-167-178.jpg

An adult E. indica has twelve black spot.The leaf area eaten are shown
fig2-2k9-167-178.jpg

The larva

Pepperfreak said:
I agree, I would do whatever to get those buggers under control. OMG they are awful. I sure wish I had some answers for you, but I would be finding some sort of spray and quick!

sure did !.
sprayed it with something the nursery mixed for me.
killed them all.

kn1gh7h4wk said:
Those might be aphids. A garlic water solution sprayed to the leaves should take care of it. Check the back of the leaves to make sure no more are hiding. If you have a nursery nearby, try purchasing some lady bugs. They prey on aphids and other small pests in your garden. The lady bugs will stay as long as it has food (pests to kill). I grow garlic and green onion in my garden to repel such pests as I refuse to use chemicals. Hope this helps you out.

those are not aphids!!! there are killer lady bugs larva!

bigt said:
Safer soap will kill them - good stuff.

i can't seem to find safer soap here :(

Back