• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Build a dehydrator

I've been busy building a dehydrator, here is the result

Afbeelding1.jpg

Afbeelding7.jpg

Afbeelding8.jpg

Heater 250 watt

Afbeelding9.jpg

Afbeelding13.jpg

Afbeelding11.jpg

220 volts ventilator

Afbeelding12.jpg

Afbeelding10.jpg

Ventilation rosette (is that right?)

Continue:

Afbeelding14.jpg

studs to hold the heater and ventilator

Afbeelding18.jpg

Heater and ventilator mounted.

Afbeelding16.jpg

Electics including a regulator for the speed of the ventilator

Afbeelding15.jpg

End result

Afbeelding20.jpg

End result.

The heater is about 2 inches underneeth the dehydrator roof, the ventilator hangs about 2 inches below the heater. The vnetilator suchs the hot air down. Het heater is connected to a thermostate and the feeler is mounted at the bottom of the dehydrator.

So the ventilator is blowing hot air over the peppers

I have used 0.5 mesh gauze because it is not expensive and is low in resistance so the hot air flows nicely.

This looks so awesome! Great job! Have you tested it out yet???

I have made a test run but without peppers. I have got the temp up to 120 degrees F. And would have gone higher I think. I was thinking about 122 degrees F. to dry the peppers.

Can't use it for real yet because it still smell of fresh paint.

Wow very nice!! I always wondered why they don't have anything bigger and larger since my little 7 ring model takes over 24 hours...

Nice Mido - You do very clean organized builds very impressive. Do you think the heat from your coil will burn or bubble the paint above it? I would think a heat shield (flashing) of some sort would reflect the heat downward as well.

Nice Mido - You do very clean organized builds very impressive. Do you think the heat from your coil will burn or bubble the paint above it? I would think a heat shield (flashing) of some sort would reflect the heat downward as well.

I'm on the second trail run now, the paint doesn't burn or bubble up to this point. A heat shield is not a bad idear. But most of the heat gets sucked down immidiatly.

I need to wait and see. Normally these coils are used in chicken hatch machines and I was told to do it this way. Now most chicken hatch machines are lackered not painted but I think it should be alright.

eek.gif
really impressive , very professional job

Thanks Murciano

Very impressive Mido. I think I might undertake such a task as well.

Just let me know if you have any questions, I bought the heater and ventilator at a online shop for chicken hatchery machines. You can also use a ventilator of a computer but these are usualy 12 volts, mine is 220 volt which we use in the Netherlands and that was easier for me.

Thanks

Back