• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BUMPER'S FLOG

Not wanting to photobomb other's fine food threads, I figured I would start one up of mine.  

Sunday roast seems like a good way to start.  Today is pulled pork.  

Rubbed pork shoulder, about to go in for a slow cook for 6-7 hours.  Rub is brown sugar, garlic powder, celery salt, onion powder, dried sage, smoked paprika and a few dried cayenne peppers blitzed.  

[/URL]">http://

Along with the super peel, I picked up a copy of Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast - the fundamentals of artisan bread and pizza by Ken Forkish.  The pizza dough is his poolish pizza dough, with the poolish made last night.  I have learnt a lot over the last couple of days reading this, in particular picked up on the benefits of temp controlling water additions.  Had a good rise after folding, 5 dough balls made, 3 for pizza and 2 for focaccia for lunches I think. 

First posted in my glog... lol that will teach me to drink, bake and post!  Message sent to Pookie to remove from the other thread.  

Have that book, but haven't cracked it open yet ...

Bumper said:
So along with the super peel, I picked up a copy of Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast - the fundamentals of artisan bread and pizza by Ken Forkish.  Trying his poolish pizza dough this evening, with the poolish made last night, pics to come.  I have learnt a lot over the last couple of days readying this, in particular picked up on the benefits of temp controlling water additions.  Had a good rise after folding, 5 dough balls made, 3 for pizza and 2 for focaccia for lunches I think. 

And the dried pods for the season.  Smoked yellow rocotto, smoked aji lemon drop, smoked bahamian goat pepper, smoked red bhut, aji amarillo, smoked aji amarillo, smoked carolina reaper.  

Attachments

• 20160514_012252182_iOS.jpg
    20160514_012252182_iOS.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 42
Leftover pork tacos last night.  Cooked some up in a tomato passatta, cumin, clove, garlic and arbol chilli.  Dos capas with the soft tortilla having a generous smear of bahamian goat pepper lime jelly, a fresh avocado, pineapple red onion, cilantro and lime juice salsa, cheese, sour cream.  Close the soft tortilla and gently squeeze to meld all the ingredients together... mmmm.  Full and happy after this!  

Attachments

• 20160514_082836487_iOS.jpg
    20160514_082836487_iOS.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 35
Back