• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Buncha MALARKY 2017

Welcome to my first Glog everyone. This is my second grow. Thanks to the generosity of the THP community I am in possession of more varieties of seeds than I'll ever be able to grow. I have limited yard space and I try to keep things cheap to make this hobby less annoying to my wife.

So I'm located outside of Madison, WI. Zone 5a/4b
My goal is grow a wider variety of heat this year.

First 4 varieties Soaking:
-Aji LemonDrop (contest)
-Aji Amarillo
-Peruvian Red Rocotto
-Aji Oro

NL7ZIfE.jpg

It's just the beginning. I need to grab some more of these cups for soaking.
Thanks for looking in. At a MINIMUM, I'll update once a week.

Well folks I'm calling it quits for 2017.
I pulled the entire garden this weekend.
The forecast looks grim.
iImQGC9.jpg

The 2 week forecast isn't any better.
I'm only going to overwinter a Peruvian Red Rocoto and my key limes and kumquat.
Just trying to keep my maintainence lower. I get enough pods off 1st year plants and didn't really see a bumper crop from the overwinters from last year.
Here's to 2018!
vtQrd10.jpg

Let the planning begin...

and look for me in the Comida thread this winter!

I finally made it to a good ethnic grocery. lots of stuff! mostly asian/indian. stuff I can't read. looks incredible though. I wish i had a guide to eating all these different flavors and cuisines.

But they did have a decent Latin aisle and I found a bunch of stuff that I will no longer buy on Amazon.
CXPa447.jpg

they also had frozen Amarillos and frozen Red Rocotos the size of baseballs.

i'm pretty excited to test out a bunch of Dale's recipes on my friends. Planning on putting together a bunch of small plates with pisco sours and spiked chicha for a big meal...my wife and kids will probably eat cheese pizza that night.

Malarky said:
I finally made it to a good ethnic grocery. lots of stuff! mostly asian/indian. stuff I can't read. looks incredible though. I wish i had a guide to eating all these different flavors and cuisines.

But they did have a decent Latin aisle and I found a bunch of stuff that I will no longer buy on Amazon.
CXPa447.jpg

they also had frozen Amarillos and frozen Red Rocotos the size of baseballs.

i'm pretty excited to test out a bunch of Dale's recipes on my friends. Planning on putting together a bunch of small plates with pisco sours and spiked chicha for a big meal...my wife and kids will probably eat cheese pizza that night.

Nice score, finding an ethnic foods market Matt... if you want to talk about the Asian/Indian foods, I'd be happy to consult. ;)

I hear ya about pulling the plug on the season this weekend... I'll be doing the same, and planting garlic as well. Cheers!

Sad to see your season end Matt. I pulled a few plants that won't make pods before the freeze comes in January this week, and a few more won't make the cut.

Goya products are big down here and spot on flavor wise, nice score!

Take Rick up on his offer ;)

Still picking here...indoors. I won't post the sad looking plant. it has survived the cut and is starting to push new leaves though.
But after chopping it down, I did leave 5-6 of these gems dangling to ripen.
Peruvian Red Rocoto
YASAMVt.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving as well!
I tried that Chipotle Cranberry Sauce recipe-->Link
its very good and family and friends liked it, but a bit too much sugar for me. next time more spice and less sugar.
xyYclBR.jpg

yPJySQP.jpg

Nice finish to the Fall part of your season, Matt.
Some great success with the peruvians!  My BOC 
had the same sun bleaching as your pods, nice and
orange on the shady side, light peach on the sunny
side! Almost time to get the 2018 grow season underway!

Speaking of seeds, haven't received the PM yet for the
PDNxBonda seeds- I still have some left.

Back