• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Buncha MALARKY 2017

Welcome to my first Glog everyone. This is my second grow. Thanks to the generosity of the THP community I am in possession of more varieties of seeds than I'll ever be able to grow. I have limited yard space and I try to keep things cheap to make this hobby less annoying to my wife.

So I'm located outside of Madison, WI. Zone 5a/4b
My goal is grow a wider variety of heat this year.

First 4 varieties Soaking:
-Aji LemonDrop (contest)
-Aji Amarillo
-Peruvian Red Rocotto
-Aji Oro

NL7ZIfE.jpg

It's just the beginning. I need to grab some more of these cups for soaking.
Thanks for looking in. At a MINIMUM, I'll update once a week.

Nice colors ya got going Matt! I'll try not to be too jealous that you're getting ripe peppers... :P  You're doing good things with them. Was that acid-set cheese Paneer? It's great fried in curries with spinach or fresh green peas. Drive on buddy!

stickman said:
Nice colors ya got going Matt! I'll try not to be too jealous that you're getting ripe peppers... :P  You're doing good things with them. Was that acid-set cheese Paneer? It's great fried in curries with spinach or fresh green peas. Drive on buddy!
Yeah its just whole milk and ACV and salt. so you can call it paneer or queso fresco or what ever. i think they are all pretty similar. just my first step into the world of cheese making. my wife would love for me to make cheese rather than grow peppers.

Judy's Peach Bhut via our friend TGCM :cheers:
QCmSJWc.jpg

Malarky said:
Yeah its just whole milk and ACV and salt. so you can call it paneer or queso fresco or what ever. i think they are all pretty similar. just my first step into the world of cheese making. my wife would love for me to make cheese rather than grow peppers.

Judy's Peach Bhut via our friend TGCM :cheers:
QCmSJWc.jpg
Very nice pods, Matt! They're gonna be tasty. I'm going to try out this variety next year thanks to your generosity. I'm also excited to try Judy's Peach Scorpion. I love peach varieties. Awesome job!

Love those Peach Bhut's! I wish mine did so well :onfire:

Please post the correction to the "runny" jam. I follow directions and get lost...LOL...aka runny :shh:

Nice grow!

I'm with Scott, post that correction please. I have trouble with my chokecherry jellies every year (though it makes a great pancake syrup too), and this year I plan on reformulating my jams and jellies into a "spicier" product.

Yellow7 #1 from Spicegeist
jpbrmKt.jpg

Same plant
AeI47Jc.jpg

Aji Amarillo's are rockin
gDwqxiI.jpg

8EJglZl.jpg

The stems of the peppers seem a bit fragile. I've broken a couple off with just a touch it seems and the wind knocked a couple off yesterday. It's ok they are delicious green too.
yWrEoDV.jpg

Aji Pacay is loading up. Tons of flowers are setting. I think this is going to be heavy plant.
Omqp2iH.jpg

Aji Limo Rojo is finally looking up! These two pods are the biggest but there are a whole bunch of pods setting now. It's a handsome plant I think.
FCO46cp.jpg

And finally a Bishops Crown. Can't wait to try these.
pAsPzUM.jpg

Thanks for stopping to look.

Back