• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Burpee WTF!!!!

As a kid we always bought our seeds from the Gurney catalog...not Burpee's. ;)

It's how I grew Kohlrabi in my section of garden back in 1977...years before anyone even knew what it was in WA state. :)

QuadShotz said:
As a kid we always bought our seeds from the Gurney catalog...not Burpee's. ;)

It's how I grew Kohlrabi in my section of garden back in 1977...years before anyone even knew what it was in WA state. :)

1977, before my creation lol

Heheh, I won't say it....

old-fart.jpg

I stopped counting grey hairs when I had to use Algebra to keep up....:D

How can one count hairs, since my eyes cannot see the top of my head? Is there a secret way to see what it looks like?

Mike

BigJosh said:
I dont know that this is the right forum to post this but here goes:

How can anyone charge $3.75 for a single packet of Billy Biker seeds then charge $6.95 for shipping it! WTF!!!!!

Thank you for listening to my rant.

Cook's Garden charges 4.95 for shipping. Still to high for one packet of seeds.Since they are owned by Burpee they can sell them.

Kevin

Yeah, it's pretty bad that it costs me almost $7 to get an envelope from a couple hundred miles away and it takes about a week to get here, but when I ordered from Hippy, it cost about $2 US and only took 3 days to go half way around the world.:crazy:

I sure hope the Biker Billy's are worth it.

jacob

jjs7741 said:
Yeah, it's pretty bad that it costs me almost $7 to get an envelope from a couple hundred miles away and it takes about a week to get here, but when I ordered from Hippy, it cost about $2 US and only took 3 days to go half way around the world.:crazy:

I sure hope the Biker Billy's are worth it.

jacob

Because neil is down to earth and values customer satisfaction over insane price good job and thanks Neil!

I have not ordered from Neal but have heard nothing but good about him. Shipping from some companies is just insane. Baker Creek is also very good on shipping charges.

Kevin

It seems that the seed companies in the states overprice on shipping and the companies overseas are a lot more reasonable. And Burpee is one of the worst. Baker Creek seems to be the exception to the rule. Seed Savers Exchange isn't bad either.

jacob

Back