• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Butch Scorpion

No, it does not. the seeds germinate quickly if you know what you're doing. never germinated C. chinense?
my douglah seeds took 10 days as did my brain strain from cappy. that was in solo cups and soil sitting by a sliding glass door.

No, it does not. the seeds germinate quickly if you know what you're doing. never germinated C. chinense?
ive germinated many C chinese. But from fresh seeds straight out of a pod. couple days bam.

dried seeds are different then fresh ones.

ive germinated many C chinese. But from fresh seeds straight out of a pod. couple days bam.

dried seeds are different then fresh ones.
Not that different. :neutral:

EDIT:
BTW, how do you germinate chinese? like this? :lol:

superstock179226884.jpg

I bought a batch of seeds last March from hippy ( hot cherry, butch t, hungarian black and something else that I forget) and I also got 0% germination on all my seeds. I use the moist paper towel in a ziploc method. I talked to them about it and they said they had no other complaints and we both wrote it off as a f-up on my part. So I ordered another batch of seeds from them in June and got 100% germination. I planted 4 butch Ts late in june just to see if they would sprout and was amazed when they had a 1" taproot in 6 days! Using the exact same method as the first trial.

I always thought that my seeds probably froze due to the temps in my area in March, hence me ordering again in June. I wonder if the seeds could freeze in the plane when they are mailed over from AUS? I am still a satisfied THSC customer and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

My first order from Neil came through crushed, he promptly sent replacements, I had a poor germination rate myself, the ones that sprouted took 2 weeks, after a month I gave up on the rest. I recycled the soil and now I have some peppers coming up next to basil!!! LOL

Hello all , i have ordered many different varieties from neil.... bhuts jolokia , butch t scorps tabasco and all have been about 90 % germ rate..
But for some reason i have had 3 lots of hab and fatali seeds and not 1 has germinated , the hippy seed company has always been perfect to deal with.
i just put some more choc hab and fatali seeds in jiffy pellets on a heat mat , so i got my fingers crossed this time.

Hello all , i have ordered many different varieties from neil.... bhuts jolokia , butch t scorps tabasco and all have been about 90 % germ rate..
But for some reason i have had 3 lots of hab and fatali seeds and not 1 has germinated , the hippy seed company has always been perfect to deal with.
i just put some more choc hab and fatali seeds in jiffy pellets on a heat mat , so i got my fingers crossed this time.

Keeping fingers crossed for a long period of time will cause "cramps"...........Ha

Be patient, different species germinate at various rates

I still have seeds left over from Hippy from last season......they'll get used up this year.....

no concern with the sprouts, my concern is what to do with the extra plants...

Back