• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Butch T or Douglah??

Hi All

I thought this was a Butch T plant but looking at the pods I am not sure If I have got it wrongly labelled and its a Douglah ?
My other Butch T plant has longer more pointed pods.
What do you think?

Cheers Daz
2f524772.jpg

This is the Plant in Question
c07844f1.jpg

Doesn't look like a Douglah, Douglahs have very bumpy skin. Doesn't really look like a Butch T either though. Butch Ts usually have the overlapping foreskin type of deal at the bottom (sorry I can't think of a better description) with or without a tail. Where did you get the seeds? Maybe it's something else entirely or a cross.

It looks a lot like what I have labeled as "Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet", don't remember the source.

it looks like a scorp cross to me i could be wrong, i have a few of those types in my garden

not too sure your friend Joe

I got both the seeds from THSC so should be ok.

On my other Butch T plants pods do look different.
a558ed4b.jpg

Doesn't look like a Douglah, Douglahs have very bumpy skin. Doesn't really look like a Butch T either though. Butch Ts usually have the overlapping foreskin type of deal at the bottom (sorry I can't think of a better description) with or without a tail. Where did you get the seeds? Maybe it's something else entirely or a cross.

It looks a lot like what I have labeled as "Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet", don't remember the source.

The Scorpions don't all have the classic shape so i would go with that.
Does not look like the Douglahs i have grown before.

Second pic looks like a classic Scorpion with the flower ring(skirt) still attached helping to create the tail/stinger

Back