• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Butch T Scorpion- 1, Tough guy at work- 0

This guy at work has been telling everyone that hot peppers don't phase him, and that he has eaten 3 or 4 "ghost peppers" at a time and they weren't that hot. I seriously doubt he actually ate 3 or 4 bhuts or nagas, at least not real ones, but that's what he claimed. He ate a tepin a few days ago and seemed to handle it pretty well, so I told him I would bring something for him, he was cocky and said bring it. So today I brought him a small unassuming looking Butch T (only had one ripe one and it was smallish, probably 60% the size of a golf ball) and a regular size chocolate bhut and told him to pick his poison. He picks the Butch T. :mouthonfire: He gets a glass of milk ready (???) and then pops it in his mouth and chews for 10-15 seconds. He tried extremely hard to be macho and pretend like it didn't hurt, but he was clearly in some pain. His eyes lit up and turned red, he started slowly drinking the milk, pacing around, leaning over the counter with his head down, etc. For the next 30 minutes he's obviously in some major pain and is constantly sipping his drink (he already killed the milk) and pacing around with this "holy :censored: what did I get myself into?" look. :rofl: He starts complaining of stomach pain. I ask him if he wants to try the chocolate bhut now and he says "I'm good". About 2 hours go by since he first ate it and he goes to the bathroom and pukes it up, then leaves work early. :lol:

All in all he took it pretty well though, I'll give him credit for that. Moral of the story, don't eat a whole Butch T unless you're a masochist or someone is paying you. :D

Awww man no vid of the macho man!? I don't think he will be taking peppers from you now!

I did the same thing to a bloke at work ages ago with a big fat Dorset Naga, vids on youtube if you want to see it. Just type "james eats dorset" in the search bar.

Someone that dumb deserves to be video taped and put on Amerca's Funniest Videos lol Hey, if you can eat a ButchT and bear it with a straight face, you probably wear a sandpaper suit all day, eat razor blades for desert and sleep on a nail bed at night :)

Yeah, I find people that actually refer to Bhut Jolokia's as "Ghost Pepper", don't actually have the experience or tolerance, but they believe they do, as Bhut Jolokias aren't heard of as frequently as habaneros for example, especially with street rep with habs.

But good on you for getting revenge! I did something similar the other day, and yesterday, I tricked some fool into consuming a teaspoon of Skobiyan. Don't worry he deserved it. While he did that I chewed up a 7-pot jonah, and loved it. The other guy, was trying to look hard - he seems to think you can control everything with your brain. Apparently not - lol, he learned that things can physically have properties outside of your (or anybodies) control.

I think the Bhut Jolokia, Bhi Jolokia & the Naga Jolokia are all diferent plants & i wish someone would get it sorted out because in comparison a Naga Jolokia is fairly mild but is still being touted as a 'Ghost Pepper'

As far as I'm concerned there's only 2 ghost peppers - the Bhut Jolokia & the Naga Morich (from memory they originated on opposite sides of the same mountain range)

Having got that out....nothing compares to the Trinidads

Yeah, I always assume noobhood when someone refers to "it" as a Ghost Pepper.
The PC-1 is certainly different, it's an anuum isn't it?
I think someone did a study on the genetics of bih jolokia compared to bhut jolokia, I remember seeing something on THSC's naga page about it I think.

Edit:
I think I've heard a THP'er note that maybe jolokia is a common term for pepper in the region they're from.. (or something along those lines).

Sorry OP, totally off-topic

Yeah the 'ghost pepper' tag can refer to many things ATM. From my understanding Jolokia is pepper in their language. Bih & Bhut mean ghost either in the mountain language or the plains language (they are slightly different peppers).

Not so far off topic as we're discussing what can be meant by "I've eaten ghost peppers before" If he's eaten Naga Jolokias before he'd be in for a surprise :lol:

Yeah the 'ghost pepper' tag can refer to many things ATM.
Unfortunately, yeah :( Damn profiteers!

From my understanding Jolokia is pepper in their language. Bih & Bhut mean ghost either in the mountain language or the plains language (they are slightly different peppers).
Cool, good to know! Perhaps it was you I was thinking of.

Not so far off topic as we're discussing what can be meant by "I've eaten ghost peppers before" If he's eaten Naga Jolokias before he'd be in for a surprise :lol:
This is true! :mouthonfire:

Love the story, I've eaten bits and pieces of TS a whole one would murder me, though if lived through worse, chemotherapy.

I thought about saucing a few and sticking them into the work fridge and putting them in a tobacco bottle.

There fault for taking my sauce... if they do.....

I will be able to find the culprit.

I would always hope that HR takes it, hes a major @sshole.

and he loves hotsauce...

May not match the true color of tobacco, but I bet a Tabasco bottle would fool him.
Glad I am not the only with typos. :D

could you send me some Butch scorpions
I would like to try a couple out.

email me at papadaca@msn.com

I have eaten the jolokia and I will say

until last year it was the raining king Chili.

now thier's a new kid on the block.

I got peppers I could trade as well,

Scotch bonnets,

My own Exclusive peach and yellow habaneros ( These ones r an anomaly) I will be further breeding them
they have a very strong citrus taste. Same heat as a the parent orange habanero.

Thai chilis

REd savina habaneros

Jolokias

jalapenos

and a mystery chili - thanks to hirts gardens for mixing up my order...............

Back