• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Butch T x Douglah F4

I got my first decent looking ripe pod from one of my TSBT x Douglah plants. Seeds from SilverSurfer's F3 pods. Going to get the first set of F5 seeds into some soil today.

I am interested to see what characteristics the pods have from the 9 other F4's I have. This pod doesn't look like it matured completely, which is normal for my greenhouse.

TSBT x Douglah F4 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

TSBT x Douglah F4 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

I haven't tasted it yet, but the smell is almost overwhelming.

Ok, we had to taste this one!

Instant heat... top of the mouth... none of the Butch T acid taste... not as pungent as the douglah... serious hiccup fit after about 15 seconds... afterburn on the back of the tongue.

All in all, this one is extremely good tasting and as hot as anything I have had thus far.

In another update... Burn lasted 20 minutes... 30 minutes after eating a quarter severe stomach cramps...

It was intense for me, but I don't have the stomach that some of the people around here have. I'm sure the likes of Biz, Darthpepper, comp odder, etc would be able to handle it just fine.

I was quite surprised that it gave me hiccups though, haven't had those since my first brain strain last year.

Nice to have something this early. It is differently one of the hotter ones. I found them to be at the top of the food chain also.I guess when you cross 2 of the hottest peppers on planet Earth, it will not be placid. lol I still have a bag of frozen pods, so now I will be inspired to have another taste. I think I will powder some and see how that goes. So many super hots now. SS grows peppers as good as they get. Seems like you are off to a great start. pp

I have a plant from this cross, but I'm not sure what generation. I think Socalchilehead or Denniz sent it to me, not sure where they got it. Do you grow at all indoors? If so, stability is only a couple years away. Exciting!

I do grow in my greenhouse, and this particular pod was isolated so the few seeds I got from it should stay true. I am probably going to isolate at least 4 of the plants, either in the greenhouse or in an isolation tent outside.

Like the heat of the Butch T, hate the nasty bite.
Keeping the heat and improving the flavor would be a winner.
IMHO.

Like a Bhut without the sweaty sock flavor.

Like the heat of the Butch T, hate the nasty bite.
Keeping the heat and improving the flavor would be a winner.
IMHO.

Like a Bhut without the sweaty sock flavor.

I would say this definitely had the Butch T heat, hits you like a ton of bricks immediately! It didn't taste anything like its parents, which is a good thing in my opinion, not a huge fan of either of them taste wise.

Not to distract from this or steal the thread, but this makes me even more impatient to grow the seeds from my annuum scotch bonnet and butch t cross I made last year....

I am going to attempt a similar cross this summer. I will be crossing red peppers with scorpion tails with dark colored varieties and I will be crossing them both ways, so that I can try to determine whether the male or the female flowers impart certain characteristics.

7 pot Primo (father) x Chocolate Bhut (mother)
7 pot Primo (mother) x Chocolate Bhut (father)

Carolina Reaper (father) x 7 Pot Douglah (mother)
Carolina Reaper (mother) x 7 pot Douglah (father)

ButchT (father) x Black Stinger (mother)
ButchT (mother) x Black Stinger (father)

Moruga Scorpion (father) x Jamaican Chocolate Habanero (mother)

Moruga Scorpion (mother) x Jamaican Chocolate Habanero (father)

7 pot Brain Strain (father) x Chocolate Scorpion (mother)
7 pot Brain Strain (mother) x Chocolate Scorpion (father)

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (father) x Black Naga (mother)
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (mother) x Black Naga (father)

Gnarley.
I have a few seeds of that particular cross.

Those seeds i sent you are the exact same ones as posted here. I got them from someone who got them out of pods from silversurfer! Enjoy.....

Its so awesome to stumble across this thread! I was wondering how these were going to turn out. I have 5 of these going right now. My largest has flowers on it but no pods yet. How old were they when they podded up?

Back