• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping buying seeds in australia

can anyone tell me anything about chilli seed bank????

also.. would i be better off propagating seeds now or holding onto them until august?? (im in australia where the season is finishing) i live in a pretty good climate where the winters are mild. and if i should wait, how do i preserve my seeds the best way possible?? :)

Just keep your seeds in an envelope in a dry dark spot that doesnt get too warm.
Chilli seed bank are a tad exspensive but their products are good, have a look at www.thehippyseedcompany.com for the best prices. If you are after something that is not listed send an email asking if he has it, chances are that he will.

Just keep your seeds in an envelope in a dry dark spot that doesnt get too warm.
Chilli seed bank are a tad exspensive but their products are good, have a look at www.thehippyseedcompany.com for the best prices. If you are after something that is not listed send an email asking if he has it, chances are that he will.

+1 on Hippy seed Co

i was told about the hippy seedcompany and i think i will be buying from them... i purchased some scorps for next season from chilli seed bank but ive noticed that the hippy seed company has some awesome varieties of seeds that ive really wanted to try..

+1 on Hippy, he is good, fast, cheap and local.

also.. would i be better off propagating seeds now or holding onto them until august?? (im in australia where the season is finishing) i live in a pretty good climate where the winters are mild. and if i should wait, how do i preserve my seeds the best way possible?? :)

You "should" wait for a few months before you start if your seeds will be indoors, however if the weather is OK, you don't mind a bit of a gamble, and you can protect the young plants, then it can't hurt to try them now. I'm starting a few seedlings off indoors as we speak, then they will be moving into a soft-greenhouse with the rest of the plants, or staying inside.

If they work, it is a good headstart to next season, if not, well...

Back