• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Buying Seeds

Honestly, it's a gamble buying seeds from PepperJoe. I've bought his seeds before, and the resulting pods looked nothing like what they were supposed to.

As mentioned Judy from pepperlover.com is very reliable and seems to follow good practices in isolating the plants used for seed stock, unlike many of the others that get seed stock from third party growers and do not ensure they take proper isolation procedures to avoid as many cross pollinations as possible - and nothing worse than spending a full year growing something only to find it isn't what you expected !

Mvulcan said:
Where can I buy chocolate bhutlah seeds? Does pepperlover.com sell them?
Thanks
Judy, PepperLover, has been developing this pepper. I'm not sure it is where she wants it to be to sell seeds. She often sells boxes of it as fresh peppers. You can contact her about that. Save your own seed and grow that out, but realize it may still be unstable.

Places I've either bought from or heard good things are  :
(not a complete list by any means)

Buckeye Pepper Company - They have a sale now if you buy more than $10 worth of seeds, the coupon code is "fifo" I think.

The Hippy Seed Company - Chilli Seeds |The Hippy Seed Company - Chilli Seeds - in Australia, but pretty fast shipping.

Semillas - Chile Seeds, Hot Pepper Seeds, Pimentas, Pepperoni - in the Canary islands

Fords Fiery Foods - in Eugene Oregon

Mvulcan said:
Where can I buy chocolate bhutlah seeds? Does pepperlover.com sell them?
Thanks
you can get them from semillas, well you can get brown bhutlah's anyway...
[SIZE=10pt]Here’s mine :) no pods yet, but I think I can see the resemblance to both the Douglah and the Bhut in my plants..its got wavy leaf edges like the bhut, and purple on the leaf stems like (my) douglah's[/SIZE].
brownbhutlah2_zpse47cc4d9.jpg

brownbhutlah_zpsd4b2c7e1.jpg

Solongo said:
Bhutlah Slp is still unstable i think, i still get like 4 or 5 pod variation from his seed.
It does take 8 or 9 generations of careful selection to get a new variety to be stable. I'm not sure that anyone has been working on it that long. Also, you need to get the seed from a reliable source who has stable seed. I've got some to grow out next year, but it is F3 or F4, so I'm sure it isn't stable yet.

I bough the seed from the guys himself. But either ways, since it a cross between both, i wonder if i should stop grow bhut and douglah all together. Some of them have bhut shape, some have a tail and some don't. The red version is not the same as the brown at all. However, i like the JAFSH black that he have too.

Back