• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cabbage Burgers

This is one of my many requests from friends and hubby's coworkers. I make 100-150 at a time and freeze them makes easy meals. It's got chopped Jalas. I think next time I'm going to go other peppers and not let the kids have them. Hope y'all enjoy.

I've got pretty small hands but these are twice the size I had made in the past,
P8110179.jpg

(that's the filling)
P8110169.jpg

My little helper helping roll the dough.

P8110173.jpg

Add 3 scops of filling and cheese.
P8110176.jpg

P8110177.jpg

P8110180.jpg

that was one set getting ready for the oven.

I'm trying to debate what to add to the filling for next time. Not sure if I'm going to try and find some Habs or something else.

TB i think they are German sorry Not thinking straight my great grandma used to make them all the time and she was 100% German.

Hold up!

What's "Jalas"? Those look aweful dang close to KrautBurgers.

More Ingredients listed!
Method?
Out of the oven pics?
Cut in half shot?
Damm those look good!

You have no idea what you've started!

Awesome PW Awesome.

PS, add some Scovie powder to the meat/filling while it's cooking. Maybe?

Those sure do look like my g'ma's KrautBurgers!!!!

I've had them on my list of "things to cook" for months now!
And just a couple weeks ago I found my grandma's handwritten recipe! Yeah!

But you've inspired me to make a HUGE batch this time - and freeze those puppies!!!!
Thanks Amy!!!!! :D

I freeze them after cooking, recipe is mine. There are a lot out there on the internet. Sorry it's my great grandmas recipe.
But I can tell you it's got
Beef, cabbage, onions, spices (yes it has SCovie power in it.) Jalapenos by the way I'm sorry.

I'll get a cut in half picture on next time and right out of the oven too. Then I'll add them to this. My camera died before i could, on top of school meeting.

Little pockets of heaven those are!!!!! :)

My fam was from S. Dakota - I wonder if it's a regional thing????

I love that you added 'penos to your's PW! I gotta try that! :) You add cheese too, right?

Dammit CJ and PW post the recipes !!!

At first I thought cabbage burgers WTH I imagined it was something like Michelle Obama's cabbage sloppy joes for the State dinner. Now my German side wants to motor boat those

I don't follow the filling recipe at all. It's whatever I'm in the mood for. I.E Beef and cabbage have to go in it, but what else like how many onions, how much garlic and ect...it just depends. I also don't fold into triangles at all.

CJ I think it's just a regional thing. Anyone heard of Amigos? Amigos and Runza are a Nebraska thing.

*****this is pretty close to what I use***** http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Runza

http://www.runza.com/

Looks good, will have to try this otu myself, also looks liek i have te same table in my house also.

That's my bar I use to cook on the most. My kitchen table is in the garage so I can grow peppers in my dinning room.

Must be regional. Those look great! I also found they are also called Bierocks or German Meat Turnovers - from what I read it is a MUST to have onion and garlic! this is a definite must this fall

Thanks

A German Market we hit every time we're in Vancouver B.C. Has these on the counter ready to eat.
Some have shredded pork, some have ground sausage like Bratwurst out of the casing,
And even a slice of breaded fried Schnitzel in the dough-bun.
All have cabbage and onion, and are so flippin good, it's hard to eat just one.
The Old German ladies that work the joint hardly speak English, and it's a very frantic environment.
It always reminds me of The Soup Nazi situation from Sienfeld. LOL

Back