• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Cactus Soil

I'm fairly new to pepper growing and was wondering if using "Miracle-Gro Cactus, Palm and Citrus Soil" would be good enough for pepper plants? I'm growing Thai peppers, Bells, and Cubanelles (also a cherry tomato plant) in my apartment window if that makes a difference. Thanks.

IT should not be abig problem what kind of dirt you using for your pepper plants . just dont get them too wet. peppers like dry well drained soil. very lil fertilizer. alot of heat and sun light
good luck with your peppers

Mix it up real good. I needed something fast and grabbed a small bag for a few transplants. I didn't mix it up well enough and it's real lumpy and hard in some spots. Probably fine for compact plants, but I think the Bells might like something lighter/nicer.

Great soil to start with (I'm a MGro fan). It's what I use when I'm not using jiffy pellets for my starts. You could keep them in that but for best results transplanting them to a soil that has more kick to it (garden soil or reg. potting soil). What I always say use what works for you in your zone.

Back